The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What the hell happened to Makeb's "Mass Exodus"?

Astius

Playing through Makeb again after a year and half + and I remember there being a bonus series after the main story. You talk to Jace Malcom and he gives you a set of quests or whatever. I couldn't remember exactly how to start it, so i searched it and there's supposed to be a droid on the station you talk to.

The droid is nowhere to be found now.

Did they completely cut this content? There's a terminal with the weekly on it, but I mean ***? Why would they cut out the story content that leads into this? It explains WHY you're still able to traverse the planet!

Someone please tell me it's just in another place.

Did they completely cut this content? There's a terminal with the weekly on it, but I mean ***? Why would they cut out the story content that leads into this? It explains WHY you're still able to traverse the planet!

Bioware dev: *waves hand* The story begins at Knights of the Fallen Empire. You will forget about all content preceding it.

Player: The story begins at Knights of the Fallen Empire. Nothing preceded it.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Playing through Makeb again after a year and half + and I remember there being a bonus series after the main story. You talk to Jace Malcom and he gives you a set of quests or whatever. I couldn't remember exactly how to start it, so i searched it and there's supposed to be a droid on the station you talk to.

The droid is nowhere to be found now.

They removed that weekly before 4.0 dropped. Everyone was warned about it ahead of time, and everyone who had completed the weekly and all the achievements under it got a special decoration when they removed the quest chain.

Edit: Here's a link to the Dulfy article that has links to the different posts made on the forums about the removal of the Mass Exodus weekly: http://dulfy.net/2015/08/26/swtor-makeb-weekly-achievements-being-removed-in-4-0/

Edited by AscendingSky

What's really frustrating about this, is that many of the quests are still there, they have just been subject to the same "streamlining" as other content. You get them from a terminal now I believe. (This is NOT the same as the heroic terminal.) Before, you were given a series of quests to choose from, and you didn't have to do every one on the list. Now, the quests are chosen for you...and BW for some inexplicable reason now makes you do all the longest, most tedious quests, and has completely removed the shorter, more fun quests. I actually tried to do the new version of this after 4.0 came out. It took me 3 hours. And to top it all off, I got no conquest credit for doing so, even though it was listed as an objective. No help from CS when opening a ticket either. This has still not been fixed that I know of.

BW's version of Makeb "streamlining" = remove all short/medium quests, remove all choice. Require only the longest, most tedious quests. You know, the ones everyone used to avoid like the plague.

Edited by CloudCastle

What's really frustrating about this, is that many of the quests are still there, they have just been subject to the same "streamlining" as other content. You get them from a terminal now I believe. (This is NOT the same as the heroic terminal.) Before, you were given a series of quests to choose from, and you didn't have to do every one on the list. Now, the quests are chosen for you...and BW for some inexplicable reason now makes you do all the longest, most tedious quests, and has completely removed the shorter, more fun quests. I actually tried to do the new version of this after 4.0 came out. It took me 3 hours. And to top it all off, I got no conquest credit for doing so, even though it was listed as an objective. No help from CS when opening a ticket either. This has still not been fixed that I know of.

BW's version of Makeb "streamlining" = remove all short/medium quests, remove all choice. Require only the longest, most tedious quests. You know, the ones everyone used to avoid like the plague.

To be fair, Makeb overall was full of long, tedious quests back in the day. That included the expansion storyline quests. Even the shorter quests you could pick for the Mass Exodus weekly weren't all that short compared to other quests in the game.

As for why they got rid of it? I don't know. A lot of the people I knew at that time didn't ever bother finishing the weekly after doing it once for the story, just because it was multistaged and the quests were so dull and grindy and Makeb was packed with trash mobs (which have been thinned out since then). Also, there were a bunch of secondary achievements associated with the old weekly, that you could only accomplish if you did the quests in a certain order and did certain bonus objectives in them, AND you couldn't accomplish that certain order without running the weekly multiple times because you had to do the same quests in different orders at different times to get other achievements... there's a reason Dulfy had a guide just for that weekly! You had to complete all the secondary achievements to get that special decoration too, after they removed the old weekly quest chains from the game.

So my best guess is either that a bunch of people complained about how complicated and annoying the quest chain was (which is possible but I wouldn't know, I didn't read the forums back then), or EAWare looked at their mythical 'metrics', decided not enough people were bothering to run the weekly, and took it out and 'streamlined' the quests to make it allegedly 'simpler' or something.

Edited by AscendingSky

So my best guess is either that a bunch of people complained about how complicated and annoying the quest chain was (which is possible but I wouldn't know, I didn't read the forums back then), or EAWare looked at their mythical 'metrics', decided not enough people were bothering to run the weekly, and took it out and 'streamlined' the quests to make it allegedly 'simpler' or something.

Thing is, they could have accomplished this by simply making all the quests for each stage available at once and then require people to choose any 5 or 10 or whatever for the weekly. But instead they removed quests, including some that were short and painless, and left in ones that make me want to pull my hair out. (For example, they kept the one where you have to drive the speeders around this huge area filled with mobs without getting knocked off or aggroing anything, which required killing everything in the ENTIRE area beforehand and then running like heck to drive all the speeders back before the mobs respawned.) Just...why???