The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New mini map icons for people....

Kyuuu

Mine are transparent.

http://imgur.com/mMTz7F3

Well, I wish I had that benefit. I have all my graphics settings up as high as they go, and my big ugly circles are opaque. From the multiple threads that have been started on this issue, a lot of other people also have opaque circles. You're the only one I know that have transparent circles.

Edited by AscendingSky

Why the hell? those new icons now COVER other players ICONS in the mini map that with in the radious of the "circle" that was not NEEDED.

those circles now cover objections shown on the map, orbs and the hut ball carrier I really wonder if BW thinks or even play this game

I perfectly agree. The minimap is now a catastrophe even in a flashpoint. It's easier to see where your team mates are, but you hardly see anything else anymore and any resemblance of a tactical oversight is completely gone. And that is judging only by flashpoints. I can imagine that folks who run 16-man operations are even less amused than I am.

If you want to do something helpful, revert to the old sysem but display fallen team mates in a more obvious colour, so that I spend less time scouring dead bodies to find out which ones I need to revive. (Or simply make them glow like a clicky in the game world. And yes, I realize targeting them helps, but I'd like to avoid using such crutches.)

Also, give us a simpler user interface, don't force us to use a circular shape but a rectangular shape that can be adjusted vertically and horizontally, move all icons attached to the minimap to the own character icon except the "Open World Map" one, and allow us to display a larger partition of a map, with a circle in it indicating the range up to which resources and enemies can be detected. I use a 2560x1440 and a lot of folks even use 4k displays. The old limitations aren't any good anymore.

The problem with the minimap at the moment is that, if you make it larger, it does not make it easier to see anything on it. For example, when you are searching for something that is not obvious to see near you, you often have to zoom in, regardless of the scale of you minimap. One might think that using a larger mini-map makes it simpler, but it doesn't because everything on the mini-map gets larger with the map itself. I don't need larger symbols, I don't even necessarily have a larger area covered by it (as suggested above), I need more granularity! With the change of this update you did the exact opposite, made the mini-map more inaccurate!

But more important than anything else: Stop "fixing" things that aren't broken! It's not going ot get better!

(I also prefer the original purple icons over the blue ones which hardly distinguish from the background blue, as suggested above in this thread.)

Edited by Rabenschwinge

Those new big circles are horrible.

Quote (game update 5.1.1. patch notes):

"Group members are now easier to locate on maps."

No, they aren´t. Those new, elephantine huge circles are covering other players if they´re standing next to each other. Geez, please undo this change.