Gearing Changes in 5.1.1 and 5.1.2

Lundorff

I have resubbed for a month or so now.

About the new system. Compared to the old one it is much slower to get the top end pvp gear, and yes it is not friendly to alts at all. I have stuck to one char since I resubbed while I used to play many different ones.

The changes will be an improvement - how much of it remains to be seen, depends on the amount of components you will get for the dailies / weeklies mostly as you don't want to rely on the crates.

The command crates in itself.. my biggest gripe with it is not so much the rng issue on set gear, much more that anything that is not a set gear piece that you don't already have is complete junk. There is absolutely nothing in the crates other than set gear pieces you don't already have of any use.

The reputation items.. maxed out on these a long time ago. Maybe if they would add some from the CM crates they would be more usefull. Rank 5 companion gifts, can run a simple grade 5 mission for those. The non set armor -> junk.

Now there is one things I do like in the new system. I play both pve and pvp but was never into operations, So this system is the first one that actually allows me to get top end gear for pve purposes as well, which I like very much.

Hell, maybe I will even give operations a go after maxing out my gear in pvp around 2019 :) . Previously I never did them as a. I don't want to join a guild and b. as usually the only set gear I had was pvp gear it seemed this was an issue for even getting into operations to most pug groups.

Edited by Morteistno

Lol, I check to see if he's still up to his old stalkerish troll ways, and wasn't dissapointed.

Here's one in this forum from just last week

Oh wait, is that me letting people in on the (albeit should be obvious) trick of ripping out pieces to use in legacy gear to help people who want to play alts? nah couldn't be, I'm just a terrible person and wouldn't do that.

Also, if you think Bodyguard merc is OP or FotM, I have a whole new reason not to take anything you say seriously at all :D

What ever helps you sleep bra.