The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

A shame about flashpoints

ScytheReaper

If you want to see the story of a flashpoint, you need to form a group to do that in fleet chat. If there are so many people like you wanting to do that, there should be no issue. Form up and queue, get the story and the tiny rewards, take as long as you want.

If you're going to just queue up, you don't get to dictate the type of people you're grouped with, unless you're one of the majority in that group. No one else is playing the game for your personal benefit. They're playing for their own. Just like you are. I've personally memorized every single mob in all flashpoints, which ones are avoidable, and have nightmares of the cutscenes playing on loop. Spacebar is the only sane option for two-five year old flashpoints.

It would be great if BW released official solo versions for the flash points that don't have them. They don't seem to care, though. I'm pretty sure all of the veteran versions have been soloed by people with skillz. I've cleared up through False Emperor before getting bored. That's another option for you: get good at your class, max rank your comp and gear appropriately and you can run them on your own. It's honestly not worth the effort, in my opinion, unless overcoming challenge is your reward.

If you want to see the story of a flashpoint, you need to form a group to do that in fleet chat. If there are so many people like you wanting to do that, there should be no issue. Form up and queue, get the story and the tiny rewards, take as long as you want.

If you're going to just queue up, you don't get to dictate the type of people you're grouped with, unless you're one of the majority in that group. No one else is playing the game for your personal benefit. They're playing for their own. Just like you are. I've personally memorized every single mob in all flashpoints, which ones are avoidable, and have nightmares of the cutscenes playing on loop. Spacebar is the only sane option for two-five year old flashpoints.

It would be great if BW released official solo versions for the flash points that don't have them. They don't seem to care, though. I'm pretty sure all of the veteran versions have been soloed by people with skillz. I've cleared up through False Emperor before getting bored. That's another option for you: get good at your class, max rank your comp and gear appropriately and you can run them on your own. It's honestly not worth the effort, in my opinion, unless overcoming challenge is your reward.

nah the game already lost me.

I have no intention of attempting to level up to 70 and grind out intense gear just so i can experience these parts of the story.

That's the main problem here, I don't think there are many like me because players like me discover annoyances like this and just leave like I have.

I already tried searching in all chat for 30 minutes to find someone else willing to do a specific flash point while not skipping cut scenes and it didn't work out.

I honestly don't see the point in grinding flash points in this game... for what? I just do them once for the story (MAYBE twice to beat it on the higher difficulty) and that's it.

Honestly they should have just made these things ungrindable in my opinion. Either that or having a dedicated storymode for each.

But there's no way I want to grind up to level 70 and try to get raid gear just so I can experience these flash points.

Not when there are so many other games out there that don't require me to throw away two weeks of my life just so I can experience some story content in peace.

This explains why you don't get it. You don't have a level 70. People at the moment tend to grind flashpoints for the weekly/daily and the CXP when flashpoints are the bonus galactic command activity for the day.

Others are using flashpoints they've memorized to quickly grind regular xp to level up to 70.

Very few are playing these for the first time.

You might also try finding a guild friendly to new players. There are plenty. Then you can ask guildies to help you as they level alts. Even better, run the flashpoints using spacebar a few times, learn the mechanics and layout, and then you can be the one that helps people who really want to see the story get through the flashpoint. People may not be speaking up in genchat because they don't want to be a party of fumbling noobs failing their way through the flashpoint. They might be willing to step up if you establish yourself as someone capable of leading.

Edited by Nothing_Shines

This is why I always ask if anyone is in the flashpoint for the first time when I do groupfinder queues.

I always ask "Do we want the bonus?" ... if there is one.

If we have a newbie on the team then I will try to explain the boss fights, recommend that people not attack until I say so, and generally try to teach the newbie/s the flashpoint as best I can.

It can get very frustrating when people ignore what I'm saying, but I still keep trying. We were all new once.

In Esseles, Black Talon, Taral V, or Maelstrom Prison runs I'm always prepared to skip the talking... except Kilran :p