The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Returning Player First Tank

AdamChance

First of all for those who respond and help I would like to say thank you for your time and advice for helping me. I couldn't find anyone on my server willing to help and just being trolls. Regardless, I'm back to SWTOR and decided and interested in making my first tank.

I decided to go with a Powertech / Vanguard tank spec to try it out. My only issue I have is while leveling I will be using my XP armor and solo a lot of content so I'm not completely worried about gearing as I level it's more endgame content.

Once I reach level 70 I will have some of the items I need for starting out purposes ( Armorings and Barrels ) however what I'm looking for help from someone is - What's the names of the Enhancements, Mods, and Augments that I should use and how many of each? I have all crafting maxed and can craft 228's I know they aren't the best but it will get me starting somewhere so at least I have them.

For the Enhancements Mods and Augments there are a lot so I just want to make sure I'm selecting the right ones. I tried looking around but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. Any help or input I can get would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Adam

• 2 months later...

First I'd like to just say welcome back! Hope you're enjoying the game.

The quick and dirty answer to your question in terms of Mods/Enhancements & Augments you'll need are:

- Advanced Steadfast Enhancements (High Endurance / Low Defense / Shield)

- Advanced Vigilant Enhancement (High Endurance / Low Defense / Absorb)

- Advanced Warding Mod B (Higher Endurance compared to the non-lettered version)

- Advanced Absorb & Shield Augments

For any additional info I would highly recommend checking out the Powertech / Vanguard PvE Tanking guides that you can find on Dulfy's website as a great starting point also.

Cheers!