The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Sith Movie ?

DagonnGrom

What whoud community sey about "SIth Movie" , in all movies mein characters are jedi that are good and great , but i whoud like to see movie where mein character is Sith , not savage destroing planets lunatick but intersting character .

They are considering a Boba Fett movie. See how that goes over first.

The problem with a "Sith movie" is that the only Sith that the overwhelming majority of movie goers know are Sidious/Palpatine, Maul, Count Dooku, Darth Vader, and Snoak (maybe). They are most definitely the Villains of the stories. The closest Disney has come to anything like this is Maleficent and that was an origin story, not too much unlike the PT which is the origin story of Darth Vader.

They are considering a Boba Fett movie. See how that goes over first.

The problem with a "Sith movie" is that the only Sith that the overwhelming majority of movie goers know are Sidious/Palpatine, Maul, Count Dooku, Darth Vader, and Snoak (maybe). They are most definitely the Villains of the stories. The closest Disney has come to anything like this is Maleficent and that was an origin story, not too much unlike the PT which is the origin story of Darth Vader.

Sith and Dark Force users are the given antagonists in the Star Wars Universe, I would think that a "Sith Origin" as well as a "Jedi Origin" Story Arc is inevitable. But will it play as a movie? Well we can only hope, or what about a live action TV series as opposed to another animated one? But, well, one can only dream . . .

Edited by t-darko

It would probably work better as something like the Clone Wars TV series.

Even though it's Star Wars I'm not sure a movie about a villain would be as big of a draw. A lot of people who buy tickets to Star Wars films are parents taking their children. Probably a lot (if not most) of the people on these boards first saw a Star Wars film in the theater as a kid, with their parents. Parents aren't going to take their children to see a movie with a mustache-twirling demonic tyrant as a protagonist. That's assuming that Disney would ever greenlight the project in the first place, which is unlikely.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

For the longest time as far as Lucasfilm was concerned, the Sith/Empire/Boba Fett are the bad people and no one in their right mind should find anything even remotely appealing about them. If I remember rightly, Lucas pitched a fit when he heard that there were fans of Boba Fett and Darth Vader and that was part of his motivation for having Boba Fett die in the sarlacc in the original run of Return of the Jedi and probably put the kibosh on any of the EU attempting to explore anything from an Imperial perspective that wasn't mustache twirling evil or defecting to the Republic/Rebellion.

Granted, Disney's only following the money so it'd take some substantial outcry/petitioning for them to do something surrounding the Sith and there's still the possibility it would bomb at the theaters because the fandom expects Jedi/Republic/Rebellion winning the day.

• 3 weeks later...
I need a film with the Sith as the main characters in my life. Even if this film was an adaptation of the Lords of the Sith book or something around that. The Sith are considered the bad guys in Star Wars all the time but they're miles more interesting than the Jedi. Sith politics are more interesting than the Jedi politics. I imagine if a film showing the early days of Darth Vader hunting Jedi remnants would be highly welcomed by the people whose only knowledge of Star Wars is the films.

What whoud community sey about "SIth Movie" , in all movies mein characters are jedi that are good and great , but i whoud like to see movie where mein character is Sith , not savage destroing planets lunatick but intersting character .

I personally would love a sith movie but it might kind off be like for example a sith going to the light side and abandoning the dark kind off like finn but if he was a sith, Also another possibility could be the point of view of Darth Vader idk.

I'd like to see a movie of the Sith in the main role but with Disney is rather impossiblee. This should be a dark tale and not a fairy tale for children. EVII a look and figure Kylo "Emo" Ren. But on the other hand, we have a Rogue 1 and Vader so who knows ...

I think we would end up much better off with a series ala the Clone Wars or something darker and live action on Netflix like Marvel has done with their Defender heroes. With that in mind something set in the Old Republic but focusing on guys like Revan and Malek. I honestly think that would be the series that would win everyone over.

The only way I could see them doing something like this is, if they did the story of Revan. only because, (in my way of thinking), He was Jedi, he was Sith, and became the bane of everyone. That's the only "Sith" movie I could see them doing.