Odachi inspired lightsabers.

Fygee

I was thinking, since we have standard sabers, double sabers, and now saber pikes, why not think out of the box a bit and make some Japanese sword style light sabers, specifically the No Dachi? I know we have shoto sabers so there's some precedent there, but being able to rock a giant two handed light saber is something I've been wanting to do for a long time. To keep in the theme, I would presume it would be locked down to "one handed" styles only since dual weilding these would be absurd.

For reference:

http://www.trueswords.com/images/prod/78-odachi-sword-black-handle-and-scabbard-a46-tq6795.jpg

Edited by Fygee

Dual-wielding light sabres of *any* size is absurd, even more than the weapon itself.

How so?

Force users have superhuman strength, agility, reflexes and concentration, and some limited precognition where they can anticipate an opponent's strikes before they happen. Given that they have significant advantages over the average person, it's not too far-fetched in-universe for them to be able to wield two weapons simultaneously and effectively. They've got space magic on their side. :cool: