Gifting Cartel Credits

Wimbleton

I'm guessing this is not possible. But why not?

I know the interface/coding for transfer of CC exists because of things I've seen the devs do.

I'd like to be able to send CC to people so they can, for example, server transfer off dead servers. Id be spending more money in your item mall. If we're going full Korean grinder here, lemme give you more money. Please allow me to gift CC to other accounts.

Thank you,

Bleloch

I know the interface/coding for transfer of CC exists because of things I've seen the devs do.

I'd like to be able to send CC to people so they can, for example, server transfer off dead servers. Id be spending more money in your item mall. If we're going full Korean grinder here, lemme give you more money. Please allow me to gift CC to other accounts.

Thank you,

Bleloch

one issue I see with this would be subscribers who get 500CC a month for free "gifting" CC to F2P players. The solution would be to prohibit gifting to F2P.

Another issue I see is RMT sites using sub stipends and selling CC at discounted prices.

one issue I see with this would be subscribers who get 500CC a month for free "gifting" CC to F2P players. The solution would be to prohibit gifting to F2P.

Another issue I see is RMT sites using sub stipends and selling CC at discounted prices.

I see your point, but another perspeective might be that F2P players would get to experience the cartel market and that might make them want to sub up, right?

Kinda like when I went to the grocery store last week and they gave me this little bacon wrapped scallop, suddenly my life was incomplete and I bought 2 boxes to rectify the situation.

I see your point, but another perspeective might be that F2P players would get to experience the cartel market and that might make them want to sub up, right?

Kinda like when I went to the grocery store last week and they gave me this little bacon wrapped scallop, suddenly my life was incomplete and I bought 2 boxes to rectify the situation.

Not necessarily. I know people who "eat lunch for free" because they go to places like Costco (on someone else's card) and just eat the samples.

Edited by psandak

Thank you,

Bleloch

You can gift CCs to other people, you just cannot do it with your CC balance.

To gift CCs... you simply buy a gift code from Amazon and give the code to someone else. Of course you must actually purchase that gift code.. and that is the intention.

The reason you cannot gift from your account is likely because there is nothing to distinguish CCs purchased vs CCs granted via sub or referrals. I can totally see why the studio would not want free grants of CCs to be moved around across accounts. It would immediately result in players bartering directly (and out of secure game trade mechanics) most likely CCs for credits.. and we already have an ongoing issue with people trying to do this with the referral program where they promise to trade credits for using a persons referral link.

The studio CS team being able to give, or move, CCs is not a valid justification.. as that is purely for game support and administration purposes.

i only see u would like to transfer ur cc to gold sites like u maybe do with credits :o

dumd but not so dumb, depends of the side of the point of view :D

One thing you can do is head over to Amazon, buy a cartel coin card and send the person in question the code off of the back of it.

I have a dot com who pays for my sub. They buy their cards locally and just email me the code(s) when I tell them I'm out. They actually pay for subs for their entire company and throw mine into the budget. I think they're playing Overwatch currently....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.