The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Did Something Change with HyperCrates?

Balrizangor

I just opened up a hypercrate (Stalwart Leader) and got 0 (ZERO) Gold items ... Literally every item was Silver or Less , that includes opening all the chance cubes that came out of it. I have never opened a hypercrate and got nothing greater than silver before (and I open ALOT of crates so I have a pretty descent size test pool to compare too ..)

Kind of ridiculous, I get RNG (to a degree) and I get making things rare, but getting NO gold items? Not even 1? Bit much bioware, it made me stop buying that type of crate right then (I usually get 4-5 of any new crate but stopped at 2 on this one because of this) ..

Is this new? Just curious cause, if so, I'll just stick to purchasing the items from the packs off the GTN in credits and not waste RL money ... ;)

I just opened up a hypercrate (Stalwart Leader) and got 0 (ZERO) Gold items ... Literally every item was Silver or Less , that includes opening all the chance cubes that came out of it. I have never opened a hypercrate and got nothing greater than silver before (and I open ALOT of crates so I have a pretty descent size test pool to compare too ..)

Kind of ridiculous, I get RNG (to a degree) and I get making things rare, but getting NO gold items? Not even 1? Bit much bioware, it made me stop buying that type of crate right then (I usually get 4-5 of any new crate but stopped at 2 on this one because of this) ..

Is this new? Just curious cause, if so, I'll just stick to purchasing the items from the packs off the GTN in credits and not waste RL money ... ;)

If they added cartel certificates back, with a vendor with a revolving inventory of BoP gold items etc and the occosional platinum, it would at least be ok when these things happen. Some guarantee that not matter how bad your luck is, you can still get yourself something you wanted in the end. I bought 5 crates and it was very unsatisfying. Until they get the contents in line with the cost, all I can say is lesson learned for me.

Edited by IstariZen

This last hypercrate had far more bronze than I have seen in any of the previous hypercrates. I was wondering if it was just my bad luck. Regardless, I shouldn't have to worry about that much bad luck when spending so much real money.

I got one gold in the hypercrate. My husband got ZERO in his.

Last time I got one gold in a hypercrate, I received plenty of silver items, so overall I was happy. This time, no.

At least as far as decorations are concerned, I think there's something wrong with the way packs are dropping items. There are some Bronze items that are quite rare and expensive in the GTN. There are Silver items that are readily available and quite cheap. I realize that popularity of an item could account for some of that, but we're talking Bronze items running at 500k to 1 mil and Silver items at 50k to 150k. Something's out of whack.

Edited by Xina_LA

Most of those silver armor sets go for 4500 and all the mounts crash very quickly.

I bought 5 and had a return of about 20 million since I was able to sell things before the market was flooded. Now, I will just be happy to get what is left out of the inventory. I also turned around and spent that currency on more packs and there has been zero positive return. I am just slowly watching it all become zero and I have had terrible luck with getting anything that I wanted. I consumed a few things, just so I can have something to show.

I bought them for 2 reasons, 1 it would be nice to get a platinum, I had no idea how rare they were. My research brought me to a streamer who got one on the second hyper-crate. 2 I would like to be able to sell items, so that I can buy my long wanted Revan Reborn set. That is not going to happen though, because the economy is a mess.

If they brought back the cartel certificates as a bonus 5th item, with a BOP vendor with very high end items for, even an excessive cost like revan reborn for 100 certificates and other items for cheaper, I would feel much more satisfied with my purchase. Since it would not feel like a complete loss. I would also be more likely to buy more in the future. As it is now, I am very unsatisfied with my experience and I will be staying away with the exception of spending in game currency, here and there. Even that though, is quickly proving a bad experience.

I do enjoy most other aspects of the game. It's unfortunate that my experience has been negative here, but at least the rest of the game makes up for it. At least I can feel justified with the total cost + the cost of subbing, knowing that the entertainment value is good for me.

Edited by IstariZen

My approach to hypercrates has always been that I buy them and open them and open the packs inside for the fun of seeing what I get. If I get something cool, so much the better.

I don't buy them "to get Senya's Pike" (I *did* get Senya's Pike, but that's just good luck), nor "to get great gold and platinum stuff".

No, as I said, I buy them to have fun opening them and seeing what I get.

That said, the gold+ drop rate on the latest ones does seem to be lower than on previous sets, but that may just be my luck running out.