The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New Cartel Packs

Mordecayi

Guys I believe your drop rate for the new Unstable Peacemaker's lightsaber is way to low. I opened 312 packs and I have still not gotten a single drop for the lightsaber. I thus must insist that the drop rate from your loot list is currently completely out of wack. This will discourage any buyers that currently like collecting though the packs to not buy any packs in the future as it feels more like a lotto draw where you have a 1 in 10 billion chance to win.

Please fix this.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Its working as intended, unfortunately. Platinum item drop rates are meant to encourage people to spend more and more money on packs in hopes of getting them. They are a type of item that almost exclusively benefits cartel whales. I would agree that greedy practices such as adding platinum rarity to the game only deters the majority from buying cartel packs in the future. Each time the average person opens a Hypercrate and does not get their $40 worth (which is what the average Hypercrate is like), they are less likely to buy another.

What they need to do is bring back cartel certificates. That way, anyone who buys multiple Hypercrates and didn't get what they want should still have about enough certificates to buy what they want from the pack directly from a vendor. They could also bring back "Platinum" packs which were a single pack in each Hypercrate that guaranteed a rare item. This was before they made the conversion over to bronze/silver/gold rarity. These packs helped ensure that everyone got their money's worth from each Hypercrate.

Edited by Anduhar

Its working as intended

This ^

It is working as intended, the fact you purchased in the amount of 312 boxes to open shows they do not need to change anything. want change, Truly talk with your money and refrain from purchases, enough people do this and they will rethink drop rates or business models. However as it stands there is no incentive for them to change anything with the cash cow system in place.