Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

Out of curiosity, does anyone here have a warrior they're planning on siding w/ the republic? I don't, I have one ls warrior but even though she got railroaded in the light Jaesa conversations, she's still loyal.

My Warrior is siding with the Republic, his faith in the Empire has been slipping away since Makeb, while with the Republic he see's a chance. Plus, always remember that Acina treated him like crap back in the Dread Seed Quests, and doesn't trust her new attitude.

Though on Quinn, my Warrior wouldn't force Quinn to join him, nor would he expect Quinn too. And if Quinn was eager to rejoin despite my Wrath joining the Republic? My Wrath would be VERY suspicious

"I can trust many things about you Quinn. I can trust your logic. I can trust your loyalty. I can trust your sincerity. But Baras only went to show, I can't trust you to turn your back on the Empire, and I respect you for that. I can't fault you for the differences that will place us at odds now, but I can be wary of the consequences. And I've already lost too much to take such a risk"

How was what the republic did to her better?

Uh, the reps that used the codeword on you only did so in critical situations. They didn't do it for the funzies like Hunter. Yeah, that's still bad, but it's more understandable.

Where do you think they got the knowledge to do that?

If you recall during the time she was brainwashed and when she went to research it, it came to light they would have not been able to do that, if the Empire hadn't done it as the Republic didn't have that kind of knowledge to do what was done. It all started with the Empire.

Uh, the reps that used the codeword on you only did so in critical situations. They didn't do it for the funzies like Hunter. Yeah, that's still bad, but it's more understandable.

Think what you like, it makes no difference to me, but these both sound like weak arguments. Like, you want to think this way, so you do. Nothing wrong with that. I'm sure I'll get yelled at for saying so, the two of you can be argumentative.

Yes, that made me hate the Republic even more, it was a perfect example how hypocrate they can be. Of all SWTOR characters, I despise Ardun Kothe the most, and it was such a relief to finish him off. He even had the cheek to be offended by my self-liberation. What he and his sorrofwul bunch did was just lower than low, even if they said it was self-defense. They enjoyed that, hmpf.

It was only the Darths who wanted you brainwashed for self-defense too, and Keeper tried to help you. Your colleagues were also nice to you. I'm only mad at the Darths.

They didn't make fun of you either. My Agents would rather be dead than to join the Republic.

Edited by Dylinrae

Well, as Watcher X says to the agent,

"The Republic only used what the Empire put in your mind."

Ardun Kothe's use of the keyword is entirely his doing, the choice of one man, and most likely an unsanctioned choice at that. Whereas the brainwashing and code word set-up was entirely developed (and officially sanctioned) by Imperial Intelligence and the Dark Council. What Ardun Kothe did I see as the actions of one rebel agent, whereas the Empire's actions are representative of entire government's need to control.

I have a lot of agents, so one of them will be defecting to the Republic and those are her reasons. No warriors defecting though. If someone does that, please post what happens here so we can see!

Well, as Watcher X says to the agent,

"The Republic only used what the Empire put in your mind."

Ardun Kothe's use of the keyword is entirely his doing, the choice of one man, and most likely an unsanctioned choice at that. Whereas the brainwashing and code word set-up was entirely developed (and officially sanctioned) by Imperial Intelligence and the Dark Council. What Ardun Kothe did I see as the actions of one rebel agent, whereas the Empire's actions are representative of entire government's need to control.

I have a lot of agents, so one of them will be defecting to the Republic and those are her reasons. No warriors defecting though. If someone does that, please post what happens here so we can see!

I thought it was Keeper. Is Keeper the entire Empire? Anyway, the Empire is evil. I don't think I'd want to play any character, agent or no, that was naive to this fact :o

And again, I would like to reiterate that I don't have a problem with different interpretations to the story. Not about the agent or the warrior or Quinn. No hard feelings, right? :)

(And it does make sense to me if the agent would prefer to work with whom she considers the good guys, of course. I just wouldn't do it because Vector, what if she couldn't get him back? :( Oh and also because I find the republic a bit dull)

Edited by grania

I thought it was Keeper. Is Keeper the entire Empire? Anyway, the Empire is evil. I don't think I'd want to play any character, agent or no, that was naive to this fact :o

And again, I would like to reiterate that I don't have a problem with different interpretations to the story. Not about the agent or the warrior or Quinn. No hard feelings, right? :)

Keeper is the one who tries to protect you when the Dark Council wants to kill you. But make no mistake, it no doubt took a cadre of scientists and researchers to come up with the brainwashing serum, and it had to go through all sorts of official channels before it was approved for use among agents. I don't believe Keeper was involved in creating this serum. He suggests using it only as an alternative to killing you, perhaps knowing that it can also be reversed. The Dark Council approves his suggestion. This brainwashing serum is an official government tool of the Empire, backed by lots of people behind the scenes who created it, approved it, and set up lines for its manufacture and distribution.

I need a little help here. Do you know what uniform is this and where can I aquire it? I have seen this many times, it looks very good. :)

https://68.media.tumblr.com/9724f9f92618105280a00eb0170530c4/tumblr_ojh1oal9mH1u68b6lo4_1280.png

https://68.media.tumblr.com/7758f47d4f96fcfd17ffef09d13a07ed/tumblr_oi1fe8QHWn1u68b6lo1_1280.png

Edited by Dylinrae

I need a little help here. Do you know what uniform is this and where can I aquire it? I have seen this many times, it looks very good. :)

https://68.media.tumblr.com/9724f9f92618105280a00eb0170530c4/tumblr_ojh1oal9mH1u68b6lo4_1280.png

https://68.media.tumblr.com/7758f47d4f96fcfd17ffef09d13a07ed/tumblr_oi1fe8QHWn1u68b6lo1_1280.png

I don't remember but I think it can be crafted. Or one very similar. I'd need to check to be sure.

My Warrior is siding with the Republic, his faith in the Empire has been slipping away since Makeb, while with the Republic he see's a chance. Plus, always remember that Acina treated him like crap back in the Dread Seed Quests, and doesn't trust her new attitude.

Though on Quinn, my Warrior wouldn't force Quinn to join him, nor would he expect Quinn too. And if Quinn was eager to rejoin despite my Wrath joining the Republic? My Wrath would be VERY suspicious

"I can trust many things about you Quinn. I can trust your logic. I can trust your loyalty. I can trust your sincerity. But Baras only went to show, I can't trust you to turn your back on the Empire, and I respect you for that. I can't fault you for the differences that will place us at odds now, but I can be wary of the consequences. And I've already lost too much to take such a risk"

What's going to be your motivation? Is it because your warrior wants to be on the winning side? Is it because your warrior thinks of themself as a good guy and wants to fight on the side of the good guys? Is it because your warrior wants to destroy the pubs from the inside? (I know that last one doesn't jive with what you posted, now I'm just thinking up reasons one might side with the other faction.)

Like, you want to think this way, so you do.

So. Much. Irony.

Nothing wrong with that. I'm sure I'll get yelled at for saying so, the two of you can be argumentative.

It seems less like you get yelled at, and more that your ears are so sensitive that everything sounds like yelling.

Aand to the argument, I already said, people on the republic side did use the codeword. But it's much more understandable than the Empire, and unlike those of the Empire (Like Keeper), those who used it displayed a large amount of sympathy and regret for what they had to do. And they only did it when they absolutely needed too. I'm not gonna hold it against someone using the code word when their life is at stake. And I'm especially not going to pin up blame upon the entire republic, when these were the acts of around two agents, the republic knew diddly squat of what was going on, and one of said agents pretty much went rouge.

What's going to be your motivation? Is it because your warrior wants to be on the winning side? Is it because your warrior thinks of themself as a good guy and wants to fight on the side of the good guys? Is it because your warrior wants to destroy the pubs from the inside? (I know that last one doesn't jive with what you posted, now I'm just thinking up reasons one might side with the other faction.)

Throughout the Warrior's story and SOR, my Warrior grew to have some sort of respect for the republic. He trusts the republic more by this point, and see's more opportunity with them. He's also more confident that the sects of the Republic that would seek to spill his blood, he can more easily handle, while the Empire seems to be experienced in pulling galaxy destroying dark rituals out of their arses. Besides, after the whole Emperor debacle, he definitely doesn't want to go back to the Empire.

He doesn't think he's a good guy ("This is war, there is no 'good guy'), he see's himself as tired old man, who just wants to experience a little bit of a peaceful life before he fades away.

Edited by Codedrago

Is that it?

http://imgur.com/SSTqZF5

You're on TRE? I can make it within 2 minutes and send you. Just let me know to whom.

I think that's the mullinine onslaught jacket (sp?) but the pants and boots aren't. I'm afraid I don't know what they are. Yeah the jacket is crafted, low level, easy to make :)

Yes, that's it! Thank you! :) I'm going to pick the armortech skill then.

Is that it?

http://imgur.com/SSTqZF5

You're on TRE? I can make it within 2 minutes and send you. Just let me know to whom.

That would be very kind of you, thank you! :D I will pay for the materials too. Please send it to Elirinn.

Edited by Dylinrae

So. Much. Irony.

What's ironic? I admit I think about the story the way I want to, and I recognize it when others do the same. What's the prob?

It seems less like you get yelled at, and more that your ears are so sensitive that everything sounds like yelling.

Maybe. But I am in a thread for fans of Malavai Quinn so I do find it inappropriate for other posters to drop in and argue that we shouldn't like him because our opinions/ interpretations/feelings are wrong. Also I'm pretty good about keeping posters straight, I remember things people have said in the past even if it seems I'm responding to something immediate.

Throughout the Warrior's story and SOR, my Warrior grew to have some sort of respect for the republic. He trusts the republic more by this point, and see's more opportunity with them. He's also more confident that the sects of the Republic that would seek to spill his blood, he can more easily handle, while the Empire seems to be experienced in pulling galaxy destroying dark rituals out of their arses. Besides, after the whole Emperor debacle, he definitely doesn't want to go back to the Empire.

He doesn't think he's a good guy ("This is war, there is no 'good guy'), he see's himself as tired old man, who just wants to experience a little bit of a peaceful life before he fades away.

Aw that's kinda nice.

Edited by grania

Would also make him a traitor to the Empire, which I see as out of character.

I can see him doing it based on him completely dedicating himself to your legacy after the betrayal and that last letter he sent at the start of KOTFE. If they've added an additional warrior only part of the story that allows Quinn to leave the empire and join our alliance just to be with his warrior wife (regardless of which side we take), my respect for the writers will jump from just okay to off-the-scale awesome.

Yes, that's it!

All my Quinns were wearing that before I bought the clandestine agent armor or whatever it's called. I like it because it's dyable where Quinn's original uniform isn't (all mine get dyed w/ purple secondary, kinda my thing) and because it's got a nice bulkier, more armored look about it.

I can see him doing it based on him completely dedicating himself to your legacy after the betrayal and that last letter he sent at the start of KOTFE. If they've added an additional warrior only part of the story that allows Quinn to leave the empire and join our alliance just to be with his warrior wife (regardless of which side we take), my respect for the writers will jump from just okay to off-the-scale awesome.

I'm conflicted on this. On the one hand, his dedication would be something my warrior would love him even more for. She'd just get confirmation that her trust in him is not misplaced, even if she's aware that this trust is partially based on knowing of his immense guilt after the betrayal.

On the other hand she (and I) would be disappointed. His service to the Empire is one constant this guy has (mind you, I see him betraying the warrior by placing the Empire above her, not Baras personally). Losing it would be losing a part of him I admire and like. He'd become "broken", so to speak. If he left the Empire for the Republic, then he would become a traitor, and that's something I'd hate. And that's something I'd see as out of character. I just can't see that happening and keeping the integrity of this guy.

Edited by Lammia

All my Quinns were wearing that before I bought the clandestine agent armor or whatever it's called. I like it because it's dyable where Quinn's original uniform isn't (all mine get dyed w/ purple secondary, kinda my thing) and because it's got a nice bulkier, more armored look about it.

It looks good in white too. :)

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/henroid/media/agent1_zps1b79fcf1.jpg.html

What's ironic? I admit I think about the story the way I want to, and I recognize it when others do the same. What's the prob?

I didn't see your other post, my bad.

Maybe. But I am in a thread for fans of Malavai Quinn so I do find it inappropriate for other posters to drop in and argue that we shouldn't like him because our opinions/ interpretations/feelings are wrong. Also I'm pretty good about keeping posters straight, I remember things people have in the past even if it seems I'm responding to something immediate.

You were quoting and referring to me and Casribait as 'yelling' at you for disagreeing, which is why I brought up sensitivities, because so far you seem to have a hard time taking disagreements as just that; disagreements. Instead, treating them as the same as those those who conduct personal attacks because of character like. So much so that you start to resemble the people you're complaining about.

Aw that's kinda nice.

Eh, more depressing. It;s the Empire and Republic, no matter what's chosen, the galaxy is boned. My Warrior is gonna with his palm stuck to his face.

He might just be a broken man, when we meet him again, you know? :( I thought Jorgan was broken up..

True. :(

5 years of searching for his wife could change him a lot. Esp. knowing what happened to him in those years.