Largest Cartel Market weapons sale of the year is now live! Check it out before August 27! ×

Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

swtorfamily on Imp, and swtor'family on Pub side :)

Thanks, I will check it.

Can you take companions into Ops?

You can, but only if there are not enough players. E.g. if a 5 man operation has only 4 players 1 companion is allowed. I have done operations this way a few times.

Thanks, I will check it.

I'm normally from 6-7 PM GMT on, so if you search by the guild name in the Friends window, and see someone with "Quinn" surname, it's a good chance it's me :D

You can, but only if there are not enough players. E.g. if a 5 man operation has only 4 players 1 companion is allowed. I have done operations this way a few times.

Umm, how come?

In an Operation group companions cannot be summoned.

This is a 16-man Operation group with 1 member missing, so there's 15 of us. I still cannot summon the companion (look at my comp UI).

http://imgur.com/7lo9F2M

The same applies to 8-man Ops.

Or are you thinking about regular 4-man group for flashpoints etc.? Comps are allowed there.

Edited by Lammia

I'm normally from 6-7 PM GMT on, so if you search by the guild name in the Friends window, and see someone with "Quinn" surname, it's a good chance it's me :D

Umm, how come?

In an Operation group companions cannot be summoned.

This is a 16-man Operation group with 1 member missing, so there's 15 of us. I still cannot summon the companion (look at my comp UI).

http://imgur.com/7lo9F2M

The same applies to 8-man Ops.

Or are you thinking about regular 4-man group for flashpoints etc.? Comps are allowed there.

If you are actually IN an Ops zone you cannot summon a companion. Once you're outside of an Ops zone, even if you are still in an Ops group, you can summon a companion as long as there is enough "room" in the group.

swtorfamily on Imp, and swtor'family on Pub side :)

I'm on Shadowlands too! Are you recruiting Quinn clones? I'd have to level mine up some if we want to do anything beyond acting silly...

If you are actually IN an Ops zone you cannot summon a companion. Once you're outside of an Ops zone, even if you are still in an Ops group, you can summon a companion as long as there is enough "room" in the group.

Room is based on proximity, so you can have your companion out even in a large raid as long as you are a little ways away from the rest.

Alrighty then, finally got it where I am happy with it. New chapter finished. There is no in game dialog, though it does reference a few events...the rest is all mine ;) So if you are interested here you go :) No maturity filter needed for this one.

http://disantia.deviantart.com/art/Teetering-Resolve-680413427

I know, not as good as our fan favorite purple Quinn, but I can try can't I? I hope you enjoy ;)

Edited by Nightfrogger

Alrighty then, finally got it where I am happy with it. New chapter finished. There is no in game dialog, though it does reference a few events...the rest is all mine ;) So if you are interested here you go :) No maturity filter needed for this one.

I know, not as good as our fan favorite purple Quinn, but I can try can't I? I hope you enjoy ;)

...so, are you going to publish a book anytime soon!? That was amazing. :D Quinn catching himself whenever he even thought something flirtatious, then when he accidentally said anything basically going "Oh gosh did I say that out loud AUGH CRAP NOW WHAT," and

that dance

at the end... *squee*

"Not as good as Purple Quinn"? Well, considering how Purple Quinn slips out of character every other post or whenever hilarity/weirdness calls for it, and your Quinn stays perfectly in-character all throughout...I'd say it was a whole lot better. :p (Thanks, though. :) Made my day.) That was beautiful. That last line made me go "d'awwwwww" all over the floor. *mops self up from Jagaimee-puddle* I was grinning through the whole thing.

Edited by Jagaimee

Well, yes, but if we went with the idea of having Ops with Quinns (including comps) then we'd have to get into the phase. And stay together, which would dismiss any remnants of comps.

Bottom line: no can do.

I'm on Shadowlands too! Are you recruiting Quinn clones? I'd have to level mine up some if we want to do anything beyond acting silly...

Dylinrae and I are on the same server, but it's not Shadowlands. We're on TRE. You're welcome to add to TRE clone army ;)

If you look closely at my screenies, you'll see that there are two more Quinns apart from my Mili the Brother. One is a clone, and one is a "wife" :)

A while ago a guy who plays only on Pub side decided to try the Imp side after years of playing the game. He chose the SW class, and made a comment about Quinn being "a robot".

The chat immediately filled with stuff like "you better watch your words, because he's got army to protect him here" :D

Once another guy asked me "why you named your character like the most hated companion lol". I ignored it, but two other members started commenting how no one should ever have to justify whom they like or why they name their character one way or another.

The guy received a warning too.

Quinnmancers are safe there :D

On Harbinger, once I had to close my guild chat because I just couldn't stand Quinn bashing they had going on. :( Which, sadly, started, because someone noticed my Milivai's name and happily shouted "oh, your name is almost the same like the companion I just got!"

...so, are you going to publish a book anytime soon!? That was amazing. :D Quinn catching himself whenever he even thought something flirtatious, then when he accidentally said anything basically going "Oh gosh did I say that out loud AUGH CRAP NOW WHAT," and

that dance

at the end... *squee*

That means a lot to me, thank you :) I always think your stuff is better, so trying to live up to that lol

Well I haven't really thought of what to write other then trying to finish this story to be honest....you will laugh have the whole thing outlined already ;) Writing was the one thing I struggled with in college come to think of it...but that was all essays and lab reports...not story writing, different beast...maybe I should have tried it back then. Mainly just want to finish this story up a piece at a time and see if I still feel like writing after that, just a chemist doing this for fun and stress relief since work keeps on giving me insane amounts of hours...I was looking for a creative outlet in my life as of late and I might have just found it :) Will have to think of what to start next while working over the next few days ;)

"Not as good as Purple Quinn"? Well, considering how Purple Quinn slips out of character every other post or whenever hilarity/weirdness calls for it, and your Quinn stays perfectly in-character all throughout...I'd say it was a whole lot better. :p (Thanks, though. :) Made my day.) That was beautiful. That last line made me go "d'awwwwww" all over the floor. *mops self up from Jagaimee-puddle* I was grinning through the whole thing.

I personally adore purple Quinn, always makes me laugh :) I try to keep mine in character, but never quite sure if I got it right...I must being too picky again...it is hard to appease the raging perfectionist I have lurking inside sometimes lol

Edited by Nightfrogger

Making a Quinn-clone to stand on something high doing the no-bones dance is not a thing??

Edited by Sarova

Wonderful chapter :) Thanks for sharing it with us! ^^

Ahem... you were saying?

http://imgur.com/HDElX6n

http://imgur.com/m3h5V0r

I know it's not no-bones but hey! Attira wasn't complaining! :D

(while her own hubby was frowning and fuming, no doubt http://imgur.com/lTnp818)

:D :D :D :D

I'm slacking - I have yet to make a Quinn-clone, though I have got the no-bones dance. When I made the post I was just thinking it would be quite comical!

:D :D :D :D

I'm slacking - I have yet to make a Quinn-clone, though I have got the no-bones dance. When I made the post I was just thinking it would be quite comical!

Oh it is funny...and looks painful at the same time. Is like he either was on the wrong end of way to much force lightning or having the weirdest seizure I have ever seen. The Fresh dance or beach party dance always makes me laugh when I make male characters do it.

Edited by Nightfrogger

Oh it is funny...and looks painful at the same time. Is like he either was on the wrong end of way to much force lightning or having the weirdest seizure I have ever seen.

I love the description of it:

"An infamous pre-battle dance ritual practiced only by the galaxy’s most elite. Some say its origins lie in the communication habits of an ancient species lacking skeletal structures. Still others claim it dates back to an anonymous smuggler’s bad spice-trip in a Nar Shaddaa Cantina."

*snicker snicker* Bad spice trip *snicker snicker snicker* :Doh the images in my head...

"An infamous pre-battle dance ritual practiced only by the galaxy’s most elite. Some say its origins lie in the communication habits of an ancient species lacking skeletal structures. Still others claim it dates back to an anonymous smuggler’s bad spice-trip in a Nar Shaddaa Cantina."

*snicker snicker* Bad spice trip *snicker snicker snicker* :Doh the images in my head...

I know lol ;) Step away from the death sticks....mmmmmm...cay

Oh do let them out :D You must share those images with the rest of the class :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.