Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

Since I can't play this new content yet, I want to hear every spoiler. No one has uploaded the Quinn romance reunion so far on Youtube, can't find one where you side with the Empire either.

I only read the datamined conversations last week, at that made me really angry.

I have found a video where a Smuggler chooses the Republic, and although Lana wants you to join the Empire, she still stays with you. Traitorous b...She is not Sith anymore. :p On the other hand, if you choose the Empire, does that mean Theron stays with you as well? That would be great!

Edited by Dylinrae

I'm sooo disappointed.

I played the Iokath story with my sorc and:

The lovely Malavai had only one short mini scene telling my sorc that Acina wants to talk to him.

There is nothing more...I literally had no chance to talk to him at all and his screen time is like 10 seconds.

Then he suddenly is available to you as a companion (if you choose to help the empire) and that's it.

There's no story mission you have to do with Quinn at your side...there's nothing.

Even Elara Dorne had much more screen time.

That's strange, indeed. :(

But to look on the bright side:

at least you can't hurt him with the other classes. :p I hope this means the same if you side with the Republic.

Edited by Dylinrae

Since I can't play this new content yet, I want to hear every spoiler. No one has uploaded the Quinn romance reunion so far on Youtube, can't find one where you side with the Empire either.

I only read the datamined conversations last week, at that made me really angry.

I have found a video where a Smuggler chooses the Republic, and although Lana wants you to join the Empire, she still stays with you. Traitorous b...She is not Sith anymore. :p On the other hand, if you choose the Empire, does that mean Theron stays with you as well? That would be great!

If you are playing the Iokath story with a non-sithwarrior, there is actually nothing to spoiler.

Quinn has a 10 seconds appearance telling you that Acina wants to talk to you and that's it...literally.

You then simply choose Empire or Republic and in case you chose the empire Quinn suddenly and without any notification magically appears in your companion list.

And yes don't worry, if you choose the Empire Theron will stay with you and you even get the chance for some tiny flirting with him later on.

If you are playing the Iokath story with a non-sithwarrior, there is actually nothing to spoiler.

Quinn has a 10 seconds appearance telling you that Acina wants to talk to you and that's it...literally.

You then simply choose Empire or Republic and in case you chose the empire Quinn suddenly and without any notification magically appears in your companion list.

And yes don't worry, if you choose the Empire Theron will stay with you and you even get the chance for some tiny flirting with him later on.

Thanks for the info. :)

That's great! :D My Warrior is faithful to Quinn, but the others will romance Theron. What was his reaction when you chose the Empire? Oh, and can you customise these new companions? Theron needs an Imperial uniform ASAP. :D

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the concept of Downton Abbey being scandalous.

It was when the Duke came to visit Thomas. For me it was like :D but for the morality police it was like :eek: I actually got some time to myself to run through it though, so I'm over kvetching about that.

Anyway speaking of :eek: and :D, first this

:eek:

http://i.imgur.com/AMolvgX.png

:D

Second, it's true he didn't speak as much as I'd hoped, he wasn't as involved as I'd hoped he be - never even ran a mission together, though as you can see from my picture I could still summon my old Quinn even when I was technically supposed to have Theron with me. I can see how a non-warrior would feel even more ripped off, I'm debating whether I care enough to run this content on my other classes.

The actual reunion,

which took some time to get to (and damn you Lana! waking up to your face again!) was.. very sweet. He like, gazes at you for a long time and gives you that cheek kiss smile again. Quinn's voice was wonderful and so was warrior's voice. And yeah there was a letter afterwards. I can transcribe it if anyone wants :p

And then.. Malavai Quinn morphed into Quinn and his mouth stopped moving and it's all very bittersweet but worth it in the end, I suppose. Now what do I do with myself?

And Lammia, I'm so sorry so what happened to you. I know it was important he be your Quinn :( They did something funky with it this time and we didn't lose our old Quinn before meeting the new, and it screwed you over pretty hard :(

My problem however is that I have done everything but did not get Quinn at all ... and yeah I choose Empire.

Anyway speaking of :eek: and :D, first this

:eek:

http://i.imgur.com/AMolvgX.png

:D

Second, it's true he didn't speak as much as I'd hoped, he wasn't as involved as I'd hoped he be - never even ran a mission together, though as you can see from my picture I could still summon my old Quinn even when I was technically supposed to have Theron with me. I can see how a non-warrior would feel even more ripped off, I'm debating whether I care enough to run this content on my other classes.

The actual reunion,

which took some time to get to (and damn you Lana! waking up to your face again!) was.. very sweet. He like, gazes at you for a long time and gives you that cheek kiss smile again. Quinn's voice was wonderful and so was warrior's voice. And yeah there was a letter afterwards. I can transcribe it if anyone wants :p

And then.. Malavai Quinn morphed into Quinn and his mouth stopped moving and it's all very bittersweet but worth it in the end, I suppose. Now what do I do with myself?

I would like to read that, please, please post it! :D I can't go to sleep until I know every important thing about this reunion LOL. :D

By the way, all that conversation we read in that datamined stuff were eventually true?

By the way, all that conversation we read in that datamined stuff were eventually true?

Yes though it didn't feel quite as rushed or dull as I thought it was going to, but I suppose that's what voice acting is supposed to do, it was good feels. :)

letter:

Subject: A few sentiments

My lord,

When we expressed our feelings to each other, I thought my embarrassing, boyish admiration of you would finally end. But seeing the empire you've built without me, I find myself awestruck once more. You are still the fierce, powerful warrior I fell in love with - and now you are an empress. I'm so proud to stand with you again.

I spent more than six years chasing the intoxicating passion I felt while serving you. Now, in your presence, I've finally tasted it again. My love for you burns as strongly now as it did all those years ago. With your permission, I will follow you to the ends of the galaxy. All I ask in return is that you allow me to remain by your side, as your faithful ally, and loving partner.

I love you, my lord. I always will.

Malavai

Sorry if there's typos in there~

Edited by grania

I'm sooo disappointed.

I played the Iokath story with my sorc and:

The lovely Malavai had only one short mini scene telling my sorc that Acina wants to talk to him.

There is nothing more...I literally had no chance to talk to him at all and his screen time is like 10 seconds.

Then he suddenly is available to you as a companion (if you choose to help the empire) and that's it.

There's no story mission you have to do with Quinn at your side...there's nothing.

Even Elara Dorne had much more screen time.

And to even top that:

I chose to help the empire, in order to get Malavai as a companion (already ranked him to 50).

But when I wanted to place this lovely cutie in my stronghold I had to find out that he is not available as "stronghold decoration". It shows: Malavai Quinn 0/0 and all I can do is placing a damn holo of him (no matter if he is summoned or not). Instead I suddenly have Elara Dorne unlocked as stronghold decoration, though I helped the empire and though I don't even have her in my summonable companion list.

Can't decide yet if I'm angry or sad.

Well damn. That killed my interest in playing since my only alt ready for Iokath is a knight. I'm pissed off at the idea of boring old Dorne getting all of the screen time. Now I'm going to have a grudge against her. Bioware really can't get anything right, can they?

Yes though it didn't feel quite as rushed or dull as I thought it was going to, but I suppose that's what voice acting is supposed to do, it was good feels. :)

letter:

My lord,

When we expressed our feelings to each other, I thought my embarrassing, boyish admiration of you would finally end. But seeing the empire you've built without me, I find myself awestruck once more. You are still the fierce, powerful warrior I fell in love with - and now you are an empress. I'm so proud to stand with you again.

I spent more than six years chasing the intoxicating passion I felt while serving you. Now, in your presence, I've finally tasted it again. My love for you burns as strongly now as it did all those years ago. with your permission, I will follow you to the ends of the galaxy. All I ask in return is that you allow me to remain by your side, as your faithful ally, and loving partner.

Malavai

Thank you so much! :D This is really lovely. *melts* :D:D:D

I was so worried about everything, but it turned out it's not as bad as I expected it to be. :)

Edited by Dylinrae

Well damn. That killed my interest in playing since my only alt ready for Iokath is a knight. I'm pissed off at the idea of boring old Dorne getting all of the screen time. Now I'm going to have a grudge against her. Bioware really can't get anything right, can they?

I don't begrudge the other characters getting their chance to shine but when I chose Quinn, I really thought I'd see more Quinn! Maybe if you choose Dorne, you see more Quinn and if you choose Quinn you see more Dorne? :confused:

letter:

My lord,

I spent more than six years chasing the intoxicating passion I felt while serving you. Now, in your presence, I've finally tasted it again. My love for you burns as strongly now as it did all those years ago. With your permission, I will follow you to the ends of the galaxy. All I ask in return is that you allow me to remain by your side, as your faithful ally, and loving partner.

Malavai

Thank you! That'll do me till this afternoon. :)

I'm so happy he didn't lose his faith in the Empire after all he went through. He understands that only a handful of people imprisoned him, and he shouldn't blame the whole Empire for it. My Warrior will kill everyone who took part in his imprisonment or hurt him. :mad: But first... * kisses Quinn and rips his shirt off * :D

I have seen a couple of Quinns on the Fleet, which made me even happier. :D

Edited by Dylinrae

To be fair:

I guess when you choose to help the Republic it will be the other way round.

Elara then most likely will have almost no screen time but Quinn should have some more.

The companion of the faction you refuse to help obviously gets more screen time and the companion of the faction you ally with gets almost no screen time at all.

Thank you! That'll do me till this afternoon. :)

YW! I had to type all that my actual self! :p:)

Gotta go, gl everyone. By the way I didn't do this on the warrior I romanced Theron on like I was going to, so it would be cool if anyone knows what happens with that. They were never on Odessen so it seems weird they would go there to break up.

I don't begrudge the other characters getting their chance to shine but when I chose Quinn, I really thought I'd see more Quinn! Maybe if you choose Dorne, you see more Quinn and if you choose Quinn you see more Dorne? :confused:

Found this in another thread. Sounds like they just did a shoddy job with both companions.

Maybe you get more interactions if you are the class they are originally from but on my Jedi who sided with Republic, Elara said there was a message and then vanished to just appear in my companions tab unceremoniously after the story ended.

A'right. I've been hearing horror stories. Things like the reunion's flat, and then

Quinn just vanishes afterward and doesn't play an important part in the story.

That...I hope that doesn't actually happen...please say that's exaggeration.

Should I not get my hopes up? :( No spoilers, please, I just...want to know if I should be looking forward to this or not...

Edited by Jagaimee

A'right. I've been hearing horror stories. Things like the reunion's flat, and then

Quinn just vanishes afterward and doesn't play an important part in the story.

That...I hope that doesn't actually happen...please say that's exaggeration.

Should I not get my hopes up? :( No spoilers, please, I just...want to know if I should be looking forward to this or not...

If you're warrior, you get 2 scenes, each no more than 3 minutes. If you're not a warrior, you get one scene, the first one. The end. :(

And customisations don't work. :(

PS. They didn't return any comps in KOTET because they wanted to give them meaningful return. THIS is a meaningful return????? 5 minutes total of two cutscenes at best?

Edited by Lammia