How common are Toxic players?

TheYoungLord

I recently returned about a week ago and haven't had too many problems but just ran into an extremely toxic player while running a FP. Long story short I died early in a fight (as a DPS) and we wiped. This dude started going off so I just left the group, then he began whispering me. I screen capped the convo. How often do you run into players like this?

http://imgur.com/a/Gq4wb

Edited by TheYoungLord

Careful..."name shaming" will get YOU in trouble. You might wanna remove this image, and upload one with his name blurred out.

Otoh.... DEFINITELY send this image in a PM to Eric, & report him in-game. Unfortunately idiots like him are all to common, and are the main reason I play mostly solo. Pug groups are a flip of the coin most times. You may get a good group sometimes, but from my experience.... there's one a-hole in every pug.

Careful..."name shaming" will get YOU in trouble. You might wanna remove this image, and upload one with his name blurred out.

I'm not intending to name shame him here. Just trying to share the convo, but thanks for the heads up! I just don't understand his meltdown. It was one wipe.

I've been subbed since July (old player but returned) and while I've had 2 comments in all of the wzs I've played....none were terrible. I have had 1 person whisper me after a WZ to encourage me to not be scared of the huttball then they helped me to set the temporary quickbar button to one of my keys since the ability had gone away and it was a temporary bar. Great person. I don't think I've run into any problems with flashpoints but I've never finished one in a group. Not sure if it's me....or the fact that we didn't have a 4th or some beibg low leveled or what. I was never blamed. No one was nasty. So it's rare to have a jerk like you describe but I'd recommend finding a guild. A guild is a lot better than random groups.

I recently returned about a week ago and haven't had too many problems but just ran into an extremely toxic player while running a FP. Long story short I died early in a fight (as a DPS) and we wiped. This dude started going off so I just left the group, then he began whispering me. I screen capped the convo. How often do you run into players like this?

Start PvP Warzone and we will talk what mean "Toxic Player" :D

I've seen a few this way. Ignore is a wonderful thing. Most groups are pretty good, but expect a lot of silly mistakes made by people who don't now better.

PvP tends to be this way on a semi-regular basis, unfortunately.

The only mistake you made was responding to his comment. Just ignore people like that.

First of all, you could've handled that a bit better. Btw, he is right. You don't need tank or healer for veteran mode flashpoints.

I usually don't meet players like that in groups but there are toxic players. Most of them openly insult new player / low level player. It doesn't matter how big mistake they made was. Usually trying to get them to leave so companion can be used. Funnily these bullies are usually among the worst players (skill wise) you can meet in group finder.

On Republic side: maybe 1 toxic player total in 30-40 groups

On Empire side: maybe 6 toxic players total in 10-20 groups

Edited by Halinalle

I tend to not see those people anymore, granted I don't do group finder content anymore except for the odd sm op that was formed beforehand on fleet. Usually I stick to the hm op community of people that I know and pvp, and most of the toxic pvpers left for harb a while ago. As others have said before, ignoring them is by far the best option, unless you get amusement from seeing them rage, in that case poke the bear but don't actually say anything toxic back. Your responses were perfect in getting the maximum rage out of them while not saying anything inflammatory.

I won't pvp here anymore because it seems to be more often than not, that someone is getting cruelly berated. I just don't want to be in that environment, so I don't pvp. For that matter I don't do group pve/OPS,FPS either. I have social anxiety and it's just healthier for me to solo, or play with the hubby.