Returning Player - Getting Caught Up On All Story

Allesklar

Hi,

I'm coming back to the game as a subscriber after being away for a couple years at least. I've always enjoyed the game as a solo playing working my way through class stories. I have one class who has finished Chapter 3 of their class story, and my others are less further along. I want to make sure I see all the previous content before starting the newest stuff because I've heard that you can get locked out of some of it.

Can someone direct me to a resource on how to precede through the Hutt Cartel and Revan and all of that stuff? I just want to make sure I don't miss anything and know when I've completed those storylines. It's challenging to get reacquainted with the game in general, but even more confusing when I'm only level 55 or so and being prompted to start the most recent expansion content.

Thanks for your help!

After Ilum?

Makeb. With this you'll have macrobinoculars and seeker droid.

Oricon.

Shadow of Revan. (Start with Prelude)

After shadow, its then Rishi and Yavin.

After that is Ziost.

Then KOTFE. (Fallen Empire Ch 1-16)

And finally KOTET. (Fallen Throne Ch 1-9)

I'd encourage you to finish all of the class stories first - or, barring that, at least the ones that are most interesting to you. Barring *that*, probably the Knight, Warrior, or Agent stories, as they seem to have the most relevance to later expansions (Knight and Warrior because of the overall storyline; Agent because of a few companions suddenly becoming very relevant later on).

Anyway, that aside -

After finishing your class story, it goes as follows (the levels are when it is technically meant to be started, but if you've reached or surpassed the level suggested, it doesn't matter):

Level 50: Ilum quest chain

Level 51 (when it opens up): Rise of the Hutt Cartel

Level 55: Oricon (note: this story line ends in two Operations, which cannot be soloed)

Level 55 (after Oricon): Shadow of Revan prelude

Level 55 (after Shadow of Revan prelude): Shadow of Revan

Level 60: Rise of the Emperor (Ziost)

Level 60 (after Ziost) Knights of the Fallen Empire

*warning* Once you start KOTFE, you will lose your companions due to story-related reasons (you can get them back at a certain part in the story, though; you don't lose them permanently). Once you start this, there's no going back - it locks out Shadow of Revan prelude, Shadow of Revan proper, Ziost, *any* class story you have yet to do on that character, and any companion conversations or quests. You cannot go back and do those once you've started KOTFE. Makeb (Rise of the Hutt Cartel), Ilum, and Oricon are still available, however.

Level 65 (after KOTFE): Knights of the Eternal Throne

Shadow of Revan. (Start with Prelude)

After shadow, its then Rishi and Yavin.

After that is Ziost.

Rishi and Yavin *ARE* Shadow of Revan. The Prelude ("Forged Alliances") is the four flashpoints: Tython, Korriban, Manaan, and Rakata Prime, and the story that links them. (OK, two stories, since there are differences between the Imp and Pub versions of the Tython and Korriban flashpoints AND between the story points.)

And Ziost is "Rise of the Emperor".

Personally, I'd recommend all 8 classes through Corellia. That's as far as 8 separate class stories go. Then take the two you like best and play Illum, Maken, Oricon and Shadow of Revan. You might want to do all 8 through RIshi since there is a single mission for each class there and some are very good.) Then take your favorite through KOTFE and KOTET but note the story works best and makes most sense with a force user.

Form there you have to decide of the RNG gear grind is worth it or not. But, if you listen to all the story, you have a while before you even have to worry about that part.

Guys, thanks so much. This is great information. I was worried I'd be chugging along and get through Hutt Cartel stuff and not realize I'd finished and was ready to start Revan stuff. Or where to go to start a new storyline (from a separate expansion). I really appreciate all the responses. I wasn't sure how active people were on the forums nowadays. Thank you!