The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PVE people Trashing Us for complaining about Bolster

TrixxieTriss

When ever we have an issue with PVP and post it in the gen section, PvE people who don't even pvp or understand the issues start threads to shut us down.

Open your eyes : Isn't this merely the same as what happens here in the PvP section with PvE people ?

I mean, from when do you remember any PvE-themed thread here which was *not* a "help a Newbbie" or something similar ?

As soon as any PvE person comes here and complains about PvP damaging PvE - he or she gets trashed as a "whiner" etc ...

It's just a mirror, nothing else.

It depends on the disparity between lesser geared and higher geared players.

Honestly, I like fair games and I have always pvp'd a lot, so I know gearing won't be a problem for me.

For those that don't have the time to gear grind for months this is bad.

I don't find it fun fighting someone that literally blows up in 2 secs in PVP due to having lesser gears because they don't play as much as those who have superior gears.

By making gears matter more in PVP, you add one more element that will imbalance teams, because there's already skill levels to account for.

Do you really want people that blow up in 2 secs because their gears are crap, in the wzs? Or, maybe you do.

Don't forget the bad class balance as well. Add gear gap, different player skill and bad class balance and you pve got a perfect way to destroy pvp once and for all.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I don't have a problem with this in principle. If you work to improve your gear, you should receive an advantage. The pre-5.1 bolster seemed ridiculous, boosting hit points by 20k-30k.

I ran a full session last night and it seemed fine. I no longer bolster to @140k, now it's up to @120k. Win/loss ratio was nearly split, and I didn't see anyone outperforming based on gear. It is far from a representative sample, but I didn't experience anything that was rage-inducing.

Whether this will hold true going forward, your guesses are as good as mine. My impression has been that we get a more balanced crowd in general on patch days, with old patterns re-asserting themselves over time. For BC, that generally means that, after the initial wave, we tend to get more new players on pub side, more experienced PVPers on imp side, and the resulting imbalance you would expect in win/loss ratios. (Which begs the question why I continue to play pub side exclusively, but please, don't psychoanalyze me :) )