Female cathar still bugged

Jagaimee

• 2 weeks later...
Essential bug fixes should always, always take priority over cosmetic bugs like this - but it would still be nice to just have a "We're aware of the issue and/or are looking into it." :) Just to know that this hasn't totally been overlooked. Edited by Jagaimee

I really don't want to keep bumping this up, but I just want to know that this isn't being ignored or overlooked or forgotten about. It's an important bug to me and others (no, I'm not speaking for the entire forums, only those that have noticed this bug and/or have commented about it here or elsewhere). Having it acknowledged would be nice.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump for justice!

Completely gamebreaking when you're wearing something like Satele Shans outfit and your Cathar's head is blatantly obvious in not matching the rest of the body. I don't even want to play my cathar anymore.

I agree. Was pointed over here after I made a bug report since I was so incensed about the issue and unable to enjoy playing my Cathar when I have to look at such an unsightly neck seam.

I completely understand if more serious bugs take priority, but I'd also think something as basic in the game as what a character looks like is pretty dang important. Particularly when Cathar is something people pay extra cc for.

It's annoying to me since I'm an artist and have worked on textures myself (including matching heads to bodies), I know I could fix this stuff in an expedient manner, and that includes every single female Cathar complexion/fur pattern (though it'd involve a lot of tiresome testing combinations to make sure a single one doesn't leave a seam.) It honestly shouldn't take this long to see it done. And whoever messed with them in the first place was rather careless with their unnecessary tweaking.

Edited by Luxora

It's annoying to me since I'm an artist and have worked on textures myself (including matching heads to bodies), I know I could fix this stuff in an expedient manner, and that includes every single female Cathar complexion/fur pattern (though it'd involve a lot of tiresome testing combinations to make sure a single one doesn't leave a seam.) It honestly shouldn't take this long to see it done. And whoever messed with them in the first place was rather careless with their unnecessary tweaking.

When it first started, with 5.0's launch, I thought it was just an odd effect of the lighting in the character selection screen - since shadows had been increased and the light was made to be a bit more vibrant/dramatic. Then I logged in and...nope, my cathar really does look like a burnt carrot on her face. Ouch.

I don't know what got tweaked or bugged or how that could possibly happen, but I'm almost worried that if/when they do get around to a fix, they'll just "fix" it so that the body coloration now matches the facial colorations. Nooooo no no no. D: Make the face match the body, not the other way 'round - the colors in the face are far too orange/red, and those are what's changed, but the body coloration is still the original color.

*sigh* Well... we'll keep bumping this, yeah? :) Thanks for your support!

Edited by Jagaimee

• 1 month later...
[*]When creating a Cathar, the fur color 3 option will now be consistent regardless of what Cathar head is chosen.

/cheer

A step in the right direction.

Edited by Luxora

/cheer

A step in the right direction.

The wording is starting to worry me a bit. Does this mean that only fur color #3 will be consistent? The bug affects all fur colors. It's head #3 that makes all fur colors consistent/is unaffected by the bug. Hm...not sure if the "fur color #3" is a typo, or if it's just that fur color that's being fixed. In any case, even if it is just that one fur color, I'm glad there's ONE fix. :)

If your female cathar has bugs, you should consider a flee and tick collar. It should help keep those nasty bugs away.

Last time I tried that, I had to get a crowbar and physically pry my cathar gal out of the corner, where she'd retreated after taking one look at herself in the mirror and deciding she looked silly. *sigh*

All right, new thread, complete with pictures as evidence. Sigh. (As for why I didn't just bump up this older thread, it was already back on page three or four; I'm not sure if I'm able to change the title, and adding an edit to the first post didn't seem like it would get the devs' attention. "What, that old bug? Says so in the patch notes, we fixed it! Right??")