The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Thanks Bioware (PvP Bolster changes)

Theshadowbehind

For screwing over casual PvPers.

Patch notes:

Bolster now improves players up to 232 Item Rating (down from 250).

Seems the will be a massive gear difference in PvP which is a bad development for any casual or new players that PvPs. Seeing how big the actual gear grind is right now.

Edited by Theshadowbehind

For screwing over casual PvPers.

Patch notes:

Bolster now improves players up to 232 Item Rating (down from 250).

Seems the will be a massive gear difference in PvP which is a bad development for any casual or new players that PvP. Seeing how big the actual gear grind is right now.

Rip. Biowaare lmao

I'm a casual PvPer but this change actually doesn't bother me. If I want the best gear I need to work for it. If that means I get slaughtered until I get, so be it. That's reality.

Enjoy getting slaughtered for10,5 months.

Here is the math

Some math (just for tier 1 as my brain doesn't even want to consider tier 2 or tier 3):

1290 components are required for a full set of tier 1.

Assuming a 50% regular unranked warzone win percentage ==> (5 + 2) / 2 = 3.5 components per warzone

1290 / 3.5 = ~369 regular warzones to get tier 1......*passes out*

Assuming a casual dude such as myself runs 5 warzones per day ==> 369 / 5 = 73.8 days to get tier 1

Thank you.

So I followed up on this...didn't read past this to see if anyone else had...but once tier 1 is complete it will be another 486 matches and once tier 2 is complete another 730 matches!!!

Freaking insane!!! In total that is 1585 total matches and assuming the 5 matches per day that puts you at 317 DAYS!!! That is roughly 10.5 MONTHS!!!

Edited by mmmbuddah