The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

POW! Right in the feels

stoopicus

Five Tier 1 components? The components have tiers? I was assuming that components would not have tier restrictions....

No I meant I am T1 (GC rank 45) and got 5 - the components are just "Unassembled Components"

Edited by stoopicus

Five Tier 1 components? The components have tiers? I was assuming that components would not have tier restrictions....

Here is the math for the gear. Forgot who did it, but here you go

Some math (just for tier 1 as my brain doesn't even want to consider tier 2 or tier 3):

1290 components are required for a full set of tier 1.

Assuming a 50% regular unranked warzone win percentage ==> (5 + 2) / 2 = 3.5 components per warzone

1290 / 3.5 = ~369 regular warzones to get tier 1......*passes out*

Assuming a casual dude such as myself runs 5 warzones per day ==> 369 / 5 = 73.8 days to get tier 1

So I followed up on this...didn't read past this to see if anyone else had...but once tier 1 is complete it will be another 486 matches and once tier 2 is complete another 730 matches!!!

Freaking insane!!! In total that is 1585 total matches and assuming the 5 matches per day that puts you at 317 DAYS!!! That is roughly 10.5 MONTHS!!!

Ok, so you are still looking at 7 months. That is just ridiculous.

But. it gives us something to strive for. just imagine the pride you will have, finally after 5 years of pvping on swtor, to FINALLY have that set of tier 3 PVP gears. It will be glorious!

But. it gives us something to strive for. just imagine the pride you will have, finally after 5 years of pvping on swtor, to FINALLY have that set of tier 3 PVP gears. It will be glorious!

but that means you can gear just your main in a game that used to be alt friendly before 5.0

it sucks *** :(

Edited by invertioN

but that means you can gear just your main in a game that used to be alt friendly before 5.0

it sucks *** :(

Yeah and you cannot collect comms as you lvl lowbie alts for pvp gears either. They removed a lot of flexibility and options from the gearing system and replaced it with a very inflexible frame with little to no options.

And they capped bolster below even tier 2 gear, in order to make you aspire to the glory of tier 3 gear even more.

Wouldn't be that much of a problem if the unassembled components grind were be the only way to get Tier 2/3 gear.

Edited by Mubrak

Remember though, that with all those warzones you will be getting cxp. So in the course of 300 warzones you will actually rank up your GC quite a bit. Out of those dozens of boxes you are opening from Galactic Command you could end up with 1, 2, or even 3 set pieces, which means you don't have to buy them now with the components. So in a sense you will just need to buy what you don't get out of the crates. Could be a lot, could be a little.

Remember though, that with all those warzones you will be getting cxp. So in the course of 300 warzones you will actually rank up your GC quite a bit. Out of those dozens of boxes you are opening from Galactic Command you could end up with 1, 2, or even 3 set pieces, which means you don't have to buy them now with the components. So in a sense you will just need to buy what you don't get out of the crates. Could be a lot, could be a little.

emphasis on the could you could very well end up with the same component over and over or just keep getting crap! Rank lvl 85 and i got 1 set bonus armor for a bracer THAT IS A JOKE! If I did what a lot of peeps did and frag their armoring's and throw in crafted (i.e no set bonuses) I 'd be royally screwed. Lucky i held on to my 208's the point is this is no way to earn gear its based on dumb luck and forces people into aspect such as PVE which many of us have no interest in!

Edited by Kazz_Devlin