republic classes

HisNoodliness

i have played some imperial classes but i wonder:

- are the opposite classes on each faction exactly the same as in dmg and rotation and advanced stuff?

- and what is the best republic class right now: for melee DPS? and which for ranged DPS? and which advanced profession to choose from the 3 with the class?

- are the opposite classes on each faction exactly the same as in dmg and rotation and advanced stuff?

All classes have their respective opposites on the other faction, such as Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior, the same goes for advanced classes too. As far as i have seen, the abilities you get to use are very similar between the two opposing classes. The name and look of the skills are different of course, but the effect are the same for the most part.

- and what is the best republic class right now: for melee DPS? and which for ranged DPS? and which advanced profession to choose from the 3 with the class?

As for melee, i believe the Jedi Sentinel is the best DPS class, all 3 disciplines you can choose between are all DPS oriented. Whereas classes such as the Jedi Guardian can also be Tank specced.

When it comes to ranged DPS it will have to be the Gunslinger for me. basicly the same as the Sentinel, the Gunslinger is pure DPS oriented whereas the other three ranged advanced classes are all able to be either Tank or Healing specced.

All of the classes are mirrors of each other across faction. The Jedi Knight is the same as the Sith Warrior, Trooper is the same as Bounty Hunter, etc. They are functionally the same as their mirrors, the only difference are aesthetic, animations, etc. And also, Bounty Hunter and Trooper use different weapons and I think Smuggler and Agent use different weapons as well.

Here's a graphic that might help:

As for DPS, here are class rankings:

https://torcommunity.com/guides/miscellaneous/class-rankings

Edited by Anduhar