Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Modding Revanite Mk2 Custom Lightsaber ?.

Dreez

I only started playing barely 3 weeks ago so i'm not multimilionarie, i got a few... I have been checking

the market daily for items to mod my saber but prices are so high on Progenitor, even a simple L70 230Rating

mod costs millions..

My current saber is Blue

Synthonium Onslaught Lightsaber.

769-1153 damage.

370 Mastery.

389 Endurance.

183 Power.

160 Crit.

1538 Force.

220 Rating.

So how do i go about modding my Revanite Mk2 Lightsaber to exceed my current without spending millions?.

Considering that i bought my current for under 200k... If i'm going to be spending my savings on the new

lightsaber, i expect it to exceed my old one by the same amount as the difference in price.

I've done my fair share of PvP and so i have access to the crystals for 200k, but that's it, no one i know

has any type of crafting to give me "friendly" prices on mods for the modding.

Learn to craft them yourself? Artifice for hilts, Cybertech for mods and enhancements, various for augments. You'll need multiple characters for that, and the user of 228-purple mods must be at least level 68. (66 for purple-228 fixed-stat gear)

The trainers offer schematics up to 220-blue, and you make items using them, then reverse-engineer those items to get schematics for 228-purples.

Blue 230 hilts are identical to purple ones, you should get one sooner or later from command crates, or you can use a green or crafted blue 228 hilt, there isn't that much difference, you can even craft it yourself with artifice, the recipe can be learned from the trainer and they need just base gathering and mission materials.

For the mods: Have a char with 600 cybertech, they also learn 228 mods (and enhancements) from their trainer, so that's a good start. Open command crates until you get any purple item, remove the mod and use a legacy armor to send the mod to your crafter, 100% chance to learn how to craft it, when you reverse engineer it. The 230 mods also don't need any fancy materials, just base stuff plus 2 isotopes which you can get in 15min by soloing veteran Black Talon /Esseles.

For Enhancements the blue 230's are again identical to the purple 230's. But if you rather disassemble the blue items for command XP, your cybertech can also learn to make the enhancements by reverse engineering a purple one.

Let's look at actual costs for a 230 item modification and determine a fair price for a friend:

2x Refined Istotope Stabilizer (Exotic mat from flashpoints)

2x Purple Slicing mat

2x Blue mission skill mat

4x Crafting Prefabs (8 of each of the 3 gathering skill mats)

Minimum cost would be 15k for running one slicing, gathering and mission-skill mission.

The rest you could gather together with your crafting friend 2-manning a veteran flashpoint with droids. (And running around on Zakuul for 5 minutes for the archeology mats for the hilt)

Even when all mats except the isotopes are gained by missions, and the crafter was very unlucky (10 mission runs for slicing and 2 for each gathering mat) the mission costs would be around 85k. So 85k plus the Refined Isotopes would be a fair price where the crafter doesn't do you any favours (remember: on a crit he gets a free item mod). If the crafter also needs to get the isotopes to build your mod? How much is 15 minutes of his precious time worth? Another 100k?

Prices on the GTN are much much higher currently, and people are paying them, because A) credits are easy to come by, and B) prices used to be high pre 5.0 when you could get the good (unlettered) mods only from ops, had only a 20% chance to actually learn the schematic, and required materials that dropped from ops even for the lowest tier.

Edited by Mubrak

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.