Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

What is the fastest chapter to complete that still provides CXP?

Lundorff

That's BW fault. You need gear to do content, and everything has DPS checks now.

You don't need gear to do most content, it's bolstered and "everything has DPS checks now" is just hyperbole.

If you think this and you are hard out going for GC you are either fooling yourself or someone else has fooled you.

Unless you are hardcore into competitive PVP, want to do veteran/master chapters or HM+ operations you do not need to grind GC. You can still choose to do so, but you don't need to.

I just can't understand why people who don't qualify for the above "needs" still grind out GC and complain about it ... you are powering their metrics. If you want it to change then stop bloody doing it.

I also cant be asked to do this. I did Fractured and had enough after 4 times. The KP farm was OK as it was with friends and we were chatting and stuff during it. Chapters, well i do a few, but im not really in to farm them for 8 hours!! Rather pugs an HM ops for gear.

Same, if I get gear I get gear. If I don't then I don't. It's worse now to get gear than ever before when pugging but oh well at least I have fun.

I utterly refuse to do anything grindy or un-fun just to get gear, the concept for me is ludicrous ( especially with the amount of other games out there ).

You don't need gear to do most content, it's bolstered and "everything has DPS checks now" is just hyperbole.

If you think this and you are hard out going for GC you are either fooling yourself or someone else has fooled you.

Unless you are hardcore into competitive PVP, want to do veteran/master chapters or HM+ operations you do not need to grind GC. You can still choose to do so, but you don't need to.

I just can't understand why people who don't qualify for the above "needs" still grind out GC and complain about it ... you are powering their metrics. If you want it to change then stop bloody doing it.

Story-more Ops have DPS checks

Story-mode Fps have Dps checks ( maybe they bug if you taking too long to kill a boss)

Anyone level player can enter these content and bolster do not make much of a difference.

The new Uprisings require decent gear. I am speaking from my personal experience

I am not hardcore or competitive, I play whatever i like. The only thing i don't do is HM/NiM ops, well, I did the dread palace ones (HM). But I do veteran uprising and Flash-points and I pvp, doesn't mean i am hardcore or competitive.

But assuming that people don't need stuff is just plain elitist, and narrow-minded. The only gear that was hard to get was top tier Set Bonus gear, where you had to do the HM/NiM ops.

Every game I play, I want the best gear, not because I am competitive, but because I do not want to be a liability when I decide to get involved in aspects of the game that is considered competitive. Right now I am doing ranked, and I don;'t give a **** about my rating, but my team cares about theirs.

Its funny how its the same people who tell you to uninstall and kill yourself if you enter an area of the game that actually requires this gear.

The game is getting boring, and for me personally, that means i have to do new stuff. Until last week, I didn't know Kephess was a Trandoshan.

Merc is the best Skank tank in the game right now, so go try on sage, and come back with the time. and which chapter 2?

I keep hearing the crap about 6 minutes and 8 minutes

I am talking about Chapter 2 KOTFE :)

Also my friend told me that this is doable so i tried it, he is doing it on his Sorc!! Appartently he did a run in 6 minutes 30 seconds!! I can do any chapter fast on my sentinel too. I would do it on my Sage/Sorc but i have only healer gear on thim.

Edited for clarity and less of a wall of junk.

I ran each chapter and difficulty 3 times. I timed from the second I hit launch to the second I accepted the last reward after the chapter was done the 3rd time. This accounts for all loading times and hitting spacebar as fast as I can through all conversations to reflect the average gains someone who was constantly farming them would get. Then I took the total reward for the chapter (not counting kills along the way) and divided it by the time it took to complete. Here is the results for that. Commando as DPS mostly 234-240 gear. Shadow is tank with 230 gear. Sage is balance with 230 gear. All runs based on current rewards with 10% legacy bonus and chapter bonus meaning SM 1520 per run, Veteran 2565 per run and Master 3800 per run.

Chapter 1, average per min

----------------------Commando--Shadow--------------- Sage

Story Mode: ----249.41----------256.90 ----------------233

Veteran Mode: 304.75-----------293.14 ---------------256

Master Mode: --381.13 ----------*370.73 (265.29)--N/A Failed

*On shadow I died a few times and the overall number was 265. The one run I did manage to do without dying I was at just under 371

Chapter 2, average per min

-------------------- Commando--Shadow--- Sage

Story Mode: ----293.25---------315.57-----292.30

Veteran Mode: 363.83---------384.75-----310.90

Master Mode: --426.17---------369.53-----N/A, Failed

In every case, chapter 2 is better than chapter 1. Mainly due to all the conversations you have to skip through and more fights you have to deal with in chapter 1. Also in every case with the characters in lower end gear, I was better off in Veteran mode vs Master mode as the time it took to kill the last boss was so much higher, it slowed down the gains per min and in the case of the sage, I was not able to bring them down. So personally. I would say, do veteran mode, chapter 2 until you are a decent way into tier 2 and then switch to master.

Edited by HelinCarnate

The numbers are confusing. Just saying how long it takes you (eg. 11 minutes 2 seconds) and the total CXP gained (eg. 4300) is more easily understood. Cause, the CXP gained is based on the various boosts that you have active at the time.

Edited by Yezzan

The numbers are confusing. Just saying how long it takes you (eg. 11 minutes 2 seconds) and the total CXP gained (eg. 4300) is more easily understood. Cause, the CXP gained is based on the various boosts that you have active at the time.

Time all depends on when you start and when you stop the clock and time does not tell the whole picture. In my example for my commando, it was much faster on the easier difficulty levels but I could earn more CXP every hour if I was doing Master Mode. On other characters, master mode reduced the CXP per hour rate. The goal for the OP is not to see who can brag about their fastest time. They are trying to find the most efficient means of farming CXP through the various chapters.

Edited by HelinCarnate

The 4300 was on my Merc Chapter 2 and it was with the 100% cxp cartel market boost and it was DvsL bonus.

I've reached 5 minute runs on my stealther for chapter 2. With the 100% increased boost, that's about 1k CXP per minute (!) including disintegrations.

Edit: actually it's 6 minutes. still high.

Heh yeah, i tried just now on my sentinel Chapter 1 and 2. Chapter 1 took 6:50 and i got around 3800 cxp. However Chapter 2 took a surprising 5:32 (ive been practicing mobs evasion imp side) and i also got 3800 cxp. The problem was that on this toon i still had an active 25% cxp boost so i couldnt use the new 100% cxp boost which we have now.

With the current cxp boost i would be getting over 4k cxp per 6 min, which means 40k per hour, so over 1 rank every 6 min. That is nice, but im really not up for that!

Edited by merovejec

best run so far for me on my sorc (full 240 cratfed no set bonus) or my conc sent (full 230 set bonus, rest is 240) is around 7.5 min (give or take 10 sec didn't stop watch it) for master mode chap 2 for 4600 cxp

vet mode is super fast, best so far is under 4 min on my sent for 3200 cxp

note that there's an exploit for any range in master to kill the last boss. Hop up on the rocks on the right side and shoot the abomination to death without taking any dmg or kiting, easy... discovered that on some vid on youtube yesterday from a virulance sniper showing the method. (that's for all those that failed it with the sage).

so for me the best is clearly vet mode, xp per min goes up to 900/1k on some runs if numbers and crits align.

ps: sorry for my english not native!

Story-more Ops have DPS checks

Story-mode Fps have Dps checks ( maybe they bug if you taking too long to kill a boss)

Which you can easily beat with bolster. If you are failing it's not because of gear.

Anyone level player can enter these content and bolster do not make much of a difference.

Only level 50+ players so not "every player" and it makes a huge difference unless you are implying a level 50 player "barely gets bolster" which is just blatantly false.

The new Uprisings require decent gear. I am speaking from my personal experience

Better gear will make them easier but they don't require them, not until Master mode anyway.

But assuming that people don't need stuff is just plain elitist, and narrow-minded. The only gear that was hard to get was top tier Set Bonus gear, where you had to do the HM/NiM ops.

Actually BiS and the tier below only dropped from HM/NiM so that's 2 tiers of gear you could not get without doing the content.

And saying you don't need gear is not elitist at all, it's honest. You want gear is the truth, you want your experience to be easier, fair enough - but saying you need it is false.

There is now a system in place for players who didn't do HM raiding to get gear they could not get before and still those people complain about it and then grind to get it anyway - it makes no sense.

Every game I play, I want the best gear,

Exactly, want != need.

The game is getting boring, and for me personally, that means i have to do new stuff. Until last week, I didn't know Kephess was a Trandoshan.

Doing new stuff is great and often fun and entertaining. Trying to get through a chapter skipping everything as much as possible over and over and over just to get CXP to get gear people don't need is not fun ( imo ). I've no problem if people want to do that, it's when they are also the same people that complain about GC/CXP that I have a problem because as I said - they are fueling the metrics. If they want change they should stop fueling it by pointless grinding and just do activities they find fun instead.

If you end up at the point the hole game is boring then better gear isn't going to do much to solve that.

if you don't have a problem then ****. There is no "need" to do anything SWTOR related, unless you actually work for them and that's how you put food on the table.

This game is for recreational purposes and BW open the gates to complaints when it changed the system of gearing in to what it is now. Players are not having fun, and that's why most people complaining about the RNG aspect of gearing. If you are perfectly fine and having fun, then the conversation is not for your. Plain and simple.

BW introduced harder modes to the game, why? They put 242 gear in the game, why? Why they have this 250% CXP event? Because people don't "need" gear to do most of the content? Whether players can complete content on naked toons with just an empty weapon is irrelevant. What is important is keeping players interested in playing the game. if there is a mass exodus of players from the game because they are not enjoying it, for one reason or others (lets say, can't get gear (that they don't need, per your argument)), what you think BW gonna do? Say, F@$ em cause they don't need gear anyways, or make a 250% CXP event to make them stay?

And your argument about bolster is what caused a lot of new players to get grieved pre- 5.0 in PvP cause they just jumped in with whatever they got and was reked by BiS players (in Regs). They can jump in from level 10 but naked, and complete their daily and weekly, but will they have an awesome time getting stomped on by bettered geared players? Think ammo hop in to ranked with just my mainhand and see how that works out, cause I definitely do not need gear to complete a match and get my tokens.

You can do chapter II master mode in under 7 minutes without a stealther, I recommend rocket boosters though.

I am gaining roughly 4600 cxp (with boost) per 7 mins. Doing about 25 CXP levels per day.

It's even faster with vet/story mode.

**EDIT: I have yet to find a faster method for obtaining CXP. Even speed running fractured no matter the difficulty level isn't as fast as this.

Edited by Kurfer

• 2 years later...
is this still true today? Chapter 2 of Fallen Empire gives the most CXP per time? I just did it, and it gave only like 1400 Command Points and that was using a 100% CXP boost.

Way far back, they nerfed the CXP from certain very short chapters, including I and II of KorFE, so it might well not be the case these days.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.