Next big villain: Sel-Makor? Major Warrior and KotET Spoilers!

hozjr

It ranges from horrible, terrible garbage to not being starwarsy. It's blatant milking of characters and stories in the movies.

Imagine watching Vikings season 1 and then have some ashole create a bunch of comics about what is supposed to happen during season 2. It's obviously gonna be erased from the continuity once the real season 2 opens, cus it's not what really happens and it's terrible on top of that for many many reasons, but he still makes the damn comics, while your head is about to be broken from all the facepalms. One of reasons is it doesn't even match the characters shown in season 1 and totally changes them.

That times 50 is what the post ep 6 EU is. In other words horrible fan fiction.

It's your opinion and you're welcome to it, but I say you're flatly wrong.

The only bads big enough to give us a fight to be remembered are the Yuuzhan Vong.

There is also Abeloth

Ehh, I think most existing Legends villains like the Vong or Abeloth would be better-suited to a pair of linked Flashpoints (like Kaon / Lost Island or the CZ-198 FPs), daily area, or a 'side-quest' style Operation (like Ravagers or Eternity Vault) - not as the main 'big bad' of the next expansion cycle as a whole. I think BW would be better off coming up with a new villain of their own for the main storyline.

That being said, I would love to see them make use of the Legends rogues gallery for some one-off threats. Defeating the Vong advance scouts that Canderous encountered, keeping Abeloth from breaking free of her prison thousands of years early, fighting off the return of a Pius Dea Cathedral Ship, an incursion by the Ssi-Ruuk, a conflict with the nascent Hapes Consortium, being caught in the middle of a battle between the Silentium and the Abominor, there are a ton threats from the Legends continuity that could form the basis of some neat side conflicts.

The post ep 6 EU was terrible garbage even before Disney bought SW, so don't even mention it again in any context whatsoever pls. Especially the Vong and Abeloth (lololololol) Whoever made up those stories are guilty of crimes against humanity.

To have SWTOR being infected by any of the stories there in a direct way would be a sin.

Abeloth has been around since even before the time King Adas and the Rakata. Oh that's what we should have, the Infinite Empire Return, because I believe there's still a third Star Forge out there somewhere. The INFINITE Empire vs the ETERNAL Alliance. If you took the Dark Side path on Belsavis as the Inquisitor you give the Rakata your imprint. As well on Rakata Prime we could see that at least SOME Rakata still had connection to the Force as we see the Savage Mystics using Disturbance on us.:rak_evil::rak_evil::rak_evil: Edited by hozjr

Ehh, I think most existing Legends villains like the Vong or Abeloth would be better-suited to a pair of linked Flashpoints (like Kaon / Lost Island or the CZ-198 FPs), daily area, or a 'side-quest' style Operation (like Ravagers or Eternity Vault) - not as the main 'big bad' of the next expansion cycle as a whole. I think BW would be better off coming up with a new villain of their own for the main storyline.

That being said, I would love to see them make use of the Legends rogues gallery for some one-off threats. Defeating the Vong advance scouts that Canderous encountered, keeping Abeloth from breaking free of her prison thousands of years early, fighting off the return of a Pius Dea Cathedral Ship, an incursion by the Ssi-Ruuk, a conflict with the nascent Hapes Consortium, being caught in the middle of a battle between the Silentium and the Abominor, there are a ton threats from the Legends continuity that could form the basis of some neat side conflicts.

I could see defeating Vong scouts as an uprising or new Ops(though not likely were going to be seeing any new Ops any time soon) a full on war that would make it into the galactic history textbooks would be completely lorebreaking. Edited by hozjr

What about the World Razer? You know, that thing imprisoned on Belsavis that I think is in the pubside planetary questline?

Or is he destroyed if you take the LS route? I don't remember.

The World Razer is imprisoned again on the LS route and on the DS route he says that it will be many millennia before he actually awakens and does anything or something to that effect.

I say there shouldn't be a next ''big villain''. Just make next expansions more about Sith Empire vs Republic.

At the most i would like to see the Emperor not really being dead and we have to fight him again, (maybe in his real sith pureblood body and previous voice(actor))

Edited by Kaedusz

you must use the combine force of the Eternal Throne, Republic, and Sith Empire to somehow find a way to vanquish or contain the spirits and Sel-Makor once again.

Oh no more alliances please.

Actually, bringing back Sel-Makor could retroactively make the Emperor's return into the start of a running gag where the Knight just really sucked at killing bad guys. 7.0's main villain: Darth Angral!

That's hilarious! :D

Jaesa. Jaesa is going to come back and kick all our behinds :)

About that, let's say they re-introduce Jaesa in the game, the other classes get what version of her exactly? LS or DS ? Or a blank?

On topic :

Sel-Makor was already destroyed by the Voss soldier woman.

Malgus.. wait a minute, i thought i killed Malgus in a flashpoint on Ilum..

Revan? NOOOOOOOO please no more Revan!

Acina turning against the Alliance ? posible

Let's face it guys, we are running out of villains..

About that, let's say they re-introduce Jaesa in the game, the other classes get what version of her exactly? LS or DS ? Or a blank?

On topic :

Sel-Makor was already destroyed by the Voss soldier woman.

Malgus.. wait a minute, i thought i killed Malgus in a flashpoint on Ilum..

Revan? NOOOOOOOO please no more Revan!

Acina turning against the Alliance ? posible

Let's face it guys, we are running out of villains..

Why it's time for the Vong.

This. Sel-Makor is killed at the end of the Jedi Knight's class story on Voss.

As far as past characters go, Darth Malgus is probably the best bet for being elevated to primary antagonist. There was a trailer made for KOTFE or KOTET (forget which) that included a scene of Malgus frozen in carbonite and being taken to Zakuul. The scene was cut from the trailer (it was leaked) and obviously the story of KOTFE/KOTET changed, but it probably indicates that Malgus didn't die during the Battle of Ilum and that the devs are planning on bringing him back at some point.

I wouldn't be surprised if Malgus returns only to destroy Darth Acina and seize control of the Sith Empire. His gambit at Ilum after all was aimed at securing the then vacant throne of the Sith Empire. If he survived, I doubt he's abandoned the goal of being crowed Emperor.

I actually think Darth Jadus would be an extraordinary choice for the next antagonist. For my tastes, I would prefer Malgus stay dead (even though what you suggested sounds like what the writers here would do). I wasn't such a fan of his, he didn't blow me away or anything. I find him to be almost as over-rated as Revan and in my books, neither are welcome back, I am sooo over them. (I know this is where the lynch mobs come and string me up, but that's my thought about those two.)

I think Jadus would be exciting, he's sexxxy, he's scary and deranged as all hell. I for one, welcome my new overlord, Darth Jadus. :D

Edited by Lunafox

In the SW story you run into this Entity thing, according to the codex entry she brought the Jedi order to it's knees, Vowran in that mission even says "Have you ever felt such pure dark energy" and then the Entity mutters some odd words that indicate a deep story and relationship with Vitiate! Not some Mother or another crazed daughter, but romantic relationship. "I have been trapped here waiting for my love, your emperor"

Now this would have been a story, I would have loved to take part in. :D

I actually think Darth Jadus would be an extraordinary choice for the next antagonist. For my tastes, I would prefer Malgus stay dead (even though what you suggested sounds like what the writers here would do). I wasn't such a fan of his, he didn't blow me away or anything. I find him to be almost as over-rated as Revan and in my books, neither are welcome back, I am sooo over them. (I know this is where the lynch mobs come and string me up, but that's my thought about those two.)

I think Jadus would be exciting, he's sexxxy, he's scary and deranged as all hell. I for one, welcome my new overlord, Darth Jadus. :D

*Grabs pitch fork*How dare you critize Malgus.But really though sarcasm aside I agree,Jadus is a great choice for a next antagonist.Specially if we don't want anybody returning from the dead,I loved Malgus but unless he dies a raid boss,no,stay dead.