8 - Class Specific Mission.

FalkryLorraine

Hello,

Have the Developers already experimented with an 8 Class Specific Mission?? In other words, a mission that has 8 parts to complete. Each part can only be completed with a certain character class within your legacy. Basically, after you finish one part with its specific character class; you switch to a different character class within your legacy to complete the next part. And so on and so forth until the entire mission is complete. It'd be sort of a "Family Affair" and provides another incentive to play Alts.

If the Developers have already played with this idea and I missed it, then I apologize ahead of time.

Thoughts?? Criticisms?? :rolleyes:

Have you completed the original 3 chapter class stories and then done SoR? Halfway through Rishi, there is a class specific mission, which you can't do unless you've done the first 3 chapters on each class.

That's true, but it's not exactly what the OP asked for. The OP wants a cross-class mission. I'm not sure how it would work for players with many of each class.

There are sort of precedents for this, in other games. The one I've seen was actually more extreme - a cross-game mission. You collected the mission in Ankama's Dofus, then continued it on a new character in their largely PvP game Arena, and then on into their other game set in that universe, Wakfu, before coming back to the character in Dofus who triggered the mission.

That's true, but it's not exactly what the OP asked for. The OP wants a cross-class mission. I'm not sure how it would work for players with many of each class.

There are sort of precedents for this, in other games. The one I've seen was actually more extreme - a cross-game mission. You collected the mission in Ankama's Dofus, then continued it on a new character in their largely PvP game Arena, and then on into their other game set in that universe, Wakfu, before coming back to the character in Dofus who triggered the mission.

Thanks Steve!! You're exactly right, I'm talking about a cross-class mission that bridges all 8 classes. I agree with you that players with multi-same class Alt's will be limited if the cross class mission demands one of each class. However, it might be an incentive for them to create a character from one of the other classes.

Thank you very much for your input. Also, I apologize for not being able to clarify the "Cross-Class Mission" term as Steve did in my first post. :)

Thanks Steve!! You're exactly right, I'm talking about a cross-class mission that bridges all 8 classes. I agree with you that players with multi-same class Alt's will be limited if the cross class mission demands one of each class. However, it might be an incentive for them to create a character from one of the other classes.

Thank you very much for your input. Also, I apologize for not being able to clarify the "Cross-Class Mission" term as Steve did in my first post. :)

My observation wasn't so much for players with many of just one class, but players like me with multiple characters of all eight classes. Would I be able to do it multiple times? If so, how would I choose, on my Warrior, say, which running instance of the mission he joined? That sort of thing.

Clearly, any one character can only join the mission once, but it isn't clear (if we allow multiple completions) if we should allow a legacy to have two instances of the mission open at once. The alternative, of course, is to have the ultimate reward be legacy-unlocked, so it becomes once-per-legacy. I'd guess it would be tracked by achievements - if you complete the Warrior leg of the mission, you get the "Warrior Cooperation Mission" achievement, and when you have all eight achievements, you get a sort of meta-achievement that represents completion of the full set of Cooperation Missions. There are already instances of this in the game, for example special titles that are granted for doing X on all Republic classes or even on all classes. However, at the moment, they aren't much more than e.g. "Get a class X to level Z", and the overall reward is a legacy title.

My observation wasn't so much for players with many of just one class, but players like me with multiple characters of all eight classes. Would I be able to do it multiple times? If so, how would I choose, on my Warrior, say, which running instance of the mission he joined? That sort of thing.

Clearly, any one character can only join the mission once, but it isn't clear (if we allow multiple completions) if we should allow a legacy to have two instances of the mission open at once. The alternative, of course, is to have the ultimate reward be legacy-unlocked, so it becomes once-per-legacy. I'd guess it would be tracked by achievements - if you complete the Warrior leg of the mission, you get the "Warrior Cooperation Mission" achievement, and when you have all eight achievements, you get a sort of meta-achievement that represents completion of the full set of Cooperation Missions. There are already instances of this in the game, for example special titles that are granted for doing X on all Republic classes or even on all classes. However, at the moment, they aren't much more than e.g. "Get a class X to level Z", and the overall reward is a legacy title.

YES!! I agree with everything you are saying! I like how you have given great thought to how all of this can work. Thank you very much for that!! Especially, the once-per-legacy factor. Perhaps, there can be a very short cut-scene when choosing which class character you choose for the next leg of the "cross-class mission". Similar to the cut-scene between Kaliyo and Jorgan in KoFTE when you have to choose which one of them will infiltrate for the Gemini code. In other words, the " Warrior Cooperation Mission" will have a discussion with your main character before you choose between your JUGGERNAUT or MARAUDER... What do you think?? :)

YES!! I agree with everything you are saying! I like how you have given great thought to how all of this can work. Thank you very much for that!! Especially, the once-per-legacy factor. Perhaps, there can be a very short cut-scene when choosing which class character you choose for the next leg of the "cross-class mission". Similar to the cut-scene between Kaliyo and Jorgan in KoFTE when you have to choose which one of them will infiltrate for the Gemini code. In other words, the " Warrior Cooperation Mission" will have a discussion with your main character before you choose between your JUGGERNAUT or MARAUDER... What do you think?? :)

Difficult. I don't exactly have a main character. I used to, but with the requirement to play lots of characters to succeed at the DvL event left me with a bunch that I play in a sort of rotation. Perhaps, for the purposes of this mission, the character who "takes" the mission initially is considered the "main" character.

And I think you can argue that only characters who have reached a certain story point (Chapter IX of KotFE? Finished KotFE? Finished KotET?) can participate.

I would just be fine with the "one mission per class" like the old class stories were. They messed up the entire saga with KOTFE and KOTET. They threw away the Wrath and all those other important figures and made a story on rails. Rishi was nice since it did offer at least something, like i said before 3.0 was a real expansion!!

Difficult. I don't exactly have a main character. I used to, but with the requirement to play lots of characters to succeed at the DvL event left me with a bunch that I play in a sort of rotation. Perhaps, for the purposes of this mission, the character who "takes" the mission initially is considered the "main" character.

And I think you can argue that only characters who have reached a certain story point (Chapter IX of KotFE? Finished KotFE? Finished KotET?) can participate.

I understand what you are saying Steve. When I do play my characters in rotation it's usually to gather MATS, Craft or earn Conquest points. Yes I agree, for purposes of this mission, the character who triggers the mission should be considered the "main" character. And, as you say, all characters must meet "level" and "story arc" requirements before being able to participate.

With that said, is there anything we should be considering?? ;)

I would just be fine with the "one mission per class" like the old class stories were. They messed up the entire saga with KOTFE and KOTET. They threw away the Wrath and all those other important figures and made a story on rails. Rishi was nice since it did offer at least something, like i said before 3.0 was a real expansion!!

Nice to see another "old school" SWTOR player commenting here! ;)