The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

After Eternal Throne - New expansion ideas!

Campbelltine

Now that the Eternal Throne expansion has come out and we all basically know the ending to the stories via either playing as the classes are simply watching the YouTube videos. The new expansions that have to come out have to be big and bold now that Disney has butchered the Star Wars universe I'm thinking of a villain dare I say big enough to take on not only the republic,the Sith empire,and the Eternal alliance...

Two words that could bring fear to millions and possibly be a massive new threat to the galaxy!

yuuzhan vong

Edited by Campbelltine

After defeating someone like Valkorion, and having the fleet we have(and also since the Vong were completely removed and shunted over to "legends") it's the only thing now that could throw up a credible threat to the Alliance, the sith and republic.

The problem with doing the Vong is it would be inconsistent with legends canon (which SWTOR is)

The Vong don't show up for thousands of years (coralskipper in KOTOR excepted), and that was supposed to be their entire race. Having TWO giant invasions wouldn't make sense.

More likely they'll come up with some totally new big bad.

If you recall the last scene where Theron and Lana were talking Lana was already worried about some rumor she was receiving and the alliance was just a few hours old so I would imagine by that if there is another expansion based on the stories, it would be that the republic and/or empire was going to go up against the alliance.

With the empire I could see this happening whether you choose peace keeper or empresses as the empire has always been the one to want to rule the galaxy.

With the republic it would be more difficult if you chose peace keeper as the republic is not one to attack their allies and if you choose peace maker then you are basically saying you are an ally not an enemy.

Now choosing empresses would have the Republic on edge due to the speech she says at the end when the empresses takes over the Alliance.

Edited by casirabit

Even if there weren't lore reasons why a Vong invasion couldn't happen, I'd rather the devs not introduce any more external threats that force characters from both factions into a single story.

It just doesn't feel like Star Wars when you have Jedi and Sith holding hands and peacefully cooperating. The sooner the Republic and Empire go back to fighting each other, the better.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

With the Eternal Alliance, I'm kind of hoping they will create some kind of way to be cross faction with the player base. I mean, the Alliance is cross-faction so why can't they make some way for the player base to be outside of PvP? (... also, my husband is sick of playing Republic because I'm a goody two-shoes Knight and he's your stereotypical Sith that fries everything that annoys him....) :p

But seriously, with Vitiate/Valkorion gone, it would require Another Big Bad that would have to be ridiculously OP to be a threat.

Not if they immediately dismantle/disable the Eternal Fleet. They'll probably have some sort of McGuffin faction making it so we can't use the power of the Fleet indiscriminately. Tie Scorpio in somehow, perhaps? Whatever.

Maybe these McGuffins have nanotech or something that can take over the minds of sentient (and barely sentient) beings, or simulate their appearance to the point we can't tell if our allies are really our allies. And they've been simulating our appearance too, making it so we seem like an ******e to our friends and colleagues. Or if you were already an ******e, your doppleganger is the Outlander your friends prefer. It'll be like a *******r version of Face Off with Nick Cage and John Travolta.

Throw in enough Important Mission Objectives, and we can't indiscriminately kill everyone on whatever planet we're on, because reasons. And we may not have access to our fleet anyway, because John Travolta has made everyone believe he's us.

Alone and on the run once more, can the Outlander regain control of the Eternal Fleet once more? Will our friends and allies recognize us?? Will we finally get to kill John Travolta for stealing our life??? Tune in next year for the exciting continuation of Eternal Commander: Space Police!