Dark Side points awarded throughout random conversations

Dahaka_Guardian

I'm doing a light side play through for the Sith Warrior storyline and I've noticed that after I finish almost every conversation that it awards me +23 dark side points no matter what I choose (Just an example). However in the conversation there were absolutely no :sy_darkside: or :sy_lightside: conversation options, it could be just a random conversation with one of my companions or receiving a mission from Darth Baras.

Every chance I've had I made the lightside choice :sy_lightside:

Yet my alignment is:

:sy_lightside: 4950

:sy_darkside: 5220

Neutral: -270

5.0 introduced the new Dark vs Light system, where characters toggle either Light Side or Dark Side. You gain points for your chosen alignment for completing missions, running FPs / Ops / WZs, and other in-game activities. If you haven't moved it with your interface editor, the toggle (side-by-side Light Side and Dark Side symbols) is in the lower right of your interface, sometimes it winds up hidden behind the mini-map.

Sounds like your toggle is currently set to Dark Side, which is why you're gaining all those DS points - enough to offset the LS gains from the conversation choices.

Use your interface editor to move the toggle to where you can see it, and then select the Light Side icon. In addition to the LS points you'll get for all the morality-based choices, you'll also start accumulating LS points just for completing missions - instead of the DS points you're continuously gaining now.

(Also, not for nothing, but this really isn't the right sub-forum for gameplay related topics like this.)

Edited by DarthDymond