I did something dumb

Argsinquisitor

And i hope, after you get done laughing, you can help. I just got done downloading the game. It took 3 days to fully download. Then i spent 2 hours resetting my controls as best as i could remember, the screen boxes etc. What a pain in the butt. It would be nice if EA stored our UI settings as well as our characters but oh well. Everything looked good, i even said hi to my guild mates i haven't seen since the 4th (it's a story longer than this one). Then i found that the open gtn page took up 90% of the width of my screen and the inventory page took up almost 50%. This is not how it was before this all started. It used to be the gtn page and my open inventory fit side by side with room to spare. Here comes "something dumb". Not remembering what exactly did what, i changed my screen from "full screen" to "windowed". MAJOR error. My game screen is now almost 1/32" of an inch wide and about 3" high. I cannot access the in game controls to reset the screen. When i click the launcher, it pops up and I'm able to log in, but the character loading screen is squished and tiny.

HOW, if possible, do i repair my dumb mistake?

Here you go:

Originally Posted by Jasserii here

I fought with this for hours. Finally found the solution.

You can find the settings in C:\Users\YourUserNameHere\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swto r\settings

I just changed the resolution in client_settings.ini and Graphics_Mirror.ini.

This applies for Windows 7 and maybe Vista. In XP the settings are hidden somewhere else. Try using the search feature. First you must make hidden files and folders visible though.

:)

Don't worry, I played noob and dumb too... join the club! :rak_04:

You'd have to edit the config files to change the settings outside of the game as Imperious showed. Once you get back in the game, just so you're aware, you can create profiles for different interface configurations and as well as keybind presets to load on other characters. When you're in the interface editor, there are options up top to save the current interface profile. When you're on another character, you can click the little "+" sign next to your main action bar to load different profiles. To save a keybind preset, go to Preferences and then there's a tab at the bottom for "Keybind Import / Export". You can save and load keybind presets from there.