Good Blackbolt Upgrades

Bookworm_Jedi

Easing my way into keybinding and GSF on my new Mara SW.

Only have the 2 basic of stock ships in my hanger. No new ones, no upgrades. Zlich. I really like the look of the blackbolt, and kinda want to focus on upgrading 1 ship at a time.

So before I start spending my req willy nilly, I was hoping older pilots could give me tips.

for the blackbolt u want to upgrade targeting's telemetry and laser cannon and rocket pods with wingman. together that can kill fast if u have precise aim but u also want high high evasion so get the evasion upgrades and your engine choice is up to u Edited by Krixarcs

For the Blackbolt, I'd suggest investing in Lightweight Armor and Regen Thrusters early on. They're great bang-for-the-buck upgrades that'll help with your survivability (by increasing your Evasion so you're harder to hit), and mobility (by increasing how fast your booster regenerates, so you can quickly escape or capture objectives). I'd also suggest leveling Shields (Distortion Field) and Engine (usually Barrel Roll or Power Dive) to tier 1 or 2 early on.

If you're new to GSF, I suggest these survivability/maneuverability things first, because the best way you can help your team is by staying alive, especially in Deathmatches. Getting the hang of hitting your targets takes practice, especially against aces in scouts, but you'll hardly get any shooting practice if you're constantly getting killed every few seconds. I know it's easy to get carried away with the pew-pews, but as a scout, you can't be afraid to hightail it out of there if you're getting attacked. One good way you can help is to make your pursuer chase you across the map; either they give up chasing you, or you make them have to trudge all the way back across the map to get back to the battle. Make them work for the kill!

Edited by HeatRacer

. One good way you can help is to make your pursuer chase you across the map; either they give up chasing you, or you make them have to trudge all the way back across the map to get back to the battle. Make them work for the kill!

This is a good point. You can also tempt pilots into over-extending and if you and lead them back to your team, they can easily wolf-pack them to death.

In domination, you can speed to a node and make a quick capture - but be aware of enemy scouts who will try to dislodge you. - While it transfers ( green bars rising up the fins) be ready to fend off any enemies and wait for support- full power to shields can ward off some agro, but be ready to scoot from the node if a lot of enemies all had the same idea. Listen to any plans such as cap 2 and leave 1 - but be ready to adjust if the enemy are trying to cap the same 2.

Scouts are there for reconnaissance and hit-and-fade tactics. They are lightweight, and manoeuvrable. - And as such not very tanky. Shoot, harass, tempt, run away, out-turn and be a PITA, rush to help - that's what they're good at.

GL and welcome to GSF. -Safe Flying!

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone help me with targeting?

I know C button swings the cambera around, and tab to cycle through enemies, but does E button have a function? My biggest problem is trying to remembr all the buttons

F1-3 swap between your power, shields, and lasers, then your ship has other moves. I'm trying to evade, look at my keys, and kabalm. Someone gets behind me and I'm dead.

Can someone help me with targeting?

I know C button swings the cambera around, and tab to cycle through enemies, but does E button have a function? My biggest problem is trying to remembr all the buttons

F1-3 swap between your power, shields, and lasers, then your ship has other moves. I'm trying to evade, look at my keys, and kabalm. Someone gets behind me and I'm dead.

"E" Targets the closest enemy to your cursor on screen.

Tab targets the closest enemy in distance from you and if you keep pressing it, it cycles out from there.

"R" Targets the last person that did damage to you.

I know many people rebind the keys to something they're are more comfortable maybe that would help you remember what keys do what.

Or you could do some practicing in the tutorial, maybe have a person nearby or in voice yell out things for you to do and you can react as fast as you can.

For example the person could yell "Missile lock" and then you'd have to use your missile break as fast as possible. Or "You're on target use power to weapons and damage cooldowns" and then you'd press those as fast as you can.

Remember guys you can use the tutorial to practice all kinds of stuff, it may not be as indepth as it should be but it's still a useful tool to practice.

I hope that helped and let me know if you have any other questions. :)