Crafted decorations

bncsmom

I know we can craft the prefabs, but I'd like to see actually crafted decos in this game. Synthweavers, for instance, could craft tapestries, and Armstech and Artifice could craft displays for weapons (sabers would be what Artifice would craft). Bio could craft environmental things like potted plants and trees. I don't know about the others, but these would be awesome. Please let us craft these things.

Yeah, this would be awesome. They wouldn't even have to create new designs for this (although it would be cool if they did). There are plenty of models in the game that haven't been introduced as stronghold decorations yet.

The only reason I can think of for denying this ability is that they want folks to shell out real money for Cartel decos, but most of the Cartel decos they're coming out with these days is related to new stuff. How about allowing synthweavers to craft the green version of the Simple Merchant's Rug that shows up all over the place, or allowing artificers to craft those single pendant Voss lamps?

As much as the prefabs options are nice, I'm all for them expanding it into more crafting options whether it's crafting new items or allowing us to do some customizing of existing decorations like changing the color of a rug or furniture.

I strongly support this idea. I love the idea of adding decoration crafting, whether it is added to existing crew skills or becomes a new one. If this is just too technically difficult, I hope that they will add more items to the prefab vendors or a new vendor. A second deco vendor that we could place in our strongholds, like Felucia Stato, would be amazing.

There are many good ways to tackle this excellent idea.

Honestly, I was surprised at the launch of strongholds that they didn't do this and that they instead just made a few generic currency tokens for us to craft and spend on decorations. It just gives the decoration side of crafting zero personality. You've got the one token that 3 of the skills can make. You've got the other token that the other 3 skills can make. You've got 2 additional components that anybody can make. And you've got the last token which anybody can make by combining the previous 4 items. (Well, all of that split up into 3 different tiers of those items.)

So you don't make decorations, you make a stockpile of currency and you browse a vendor to see what you can buy with that currency. You probably aren't generally going to be crafting with a specific decoration in mind because that requires knowing which fabricator droid sells which item and for which tier of the currency. You just make a token here or there to burn off some stockpiled materials and then maybe eventually you notice that you have several tokens stockpiled and you wonder what you can trade them all for.

And then they piled the conquest crafting in on top of this, all globbed together as one big mess of a category in our crafting windows. With 3 of the skills making 2 of the smaller war supplies, 2 of the skills making another 2 of the smaller war supplies, the last skill making 1 last type of smaller war supply, and anybody being able to combine those 5 into 1 great big war supply. (And you have a few alternative crafting schematics to make each small war supply out of different tiers of the base material (changed now to making them out of different tiers of the assembly components / bonded attachments / cell grafts after that crafting revamp.))

And then all 6 of the war supplies might as well just be junk items for all the use they are after they've been made. The smaller ones go into the big one, the big one goes into a dark project, and the dark project can buy 2 very limited-use perks (one purely cosmetic as I understand it) for guilds to use ONLY on a planet that they've won and ONLY in the week after they won it... or the dark project can be used with the highest tier of universal prefab to buy decorations that look like the class ships...

Edited by Muljo_Stpho