The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

HELP: Runnig out of energy cells constantly ! onlyu on these advanced classes

Rheemus

SO played the new story on all other classes in game and now came to vanguard and powertech and i both in the story in pve as well as Hm fp and to some degree in PVP (so much fast death that that occurs often befoire depletion of cells)

Is anyone else noticing the GLARRING difference to the other classes ?

Both the force using as well as non force using classes that are not vanguard or powertech i dont see or have this issue with running out of energy etc, i dont overheat at all either on the sister class commando/mercenary its only on vanguard/powertech and it seems much worse than in 4,0 :-(

It ALMOST seems like when in 4.0 You forgot to activatye any of the stances and you would overheat rapidly..maybee Bioware forgot to apply the stance to the same amount when the stances became auto applied and passive in 5,0 ???

Edited by Rheemus

I've never....ever had an energy issue with Vanguard. 99% of the time i never see it below 3/4.

Do you play tank or dps?

Something's just not right in your rotation if you're ever having an energy depletion issue.

I can't speak for dps, but if you're a tank, you're rotation should be something along the lines of (storm/harpoon), flak shell, (storm again if you have the blitz proficiency or stock strike if you have pull and reel), stock strike, Ion wave, energy blast (if proc'd), Explosive surge, Energy bolt.

SO played the new story on all other classes in game and now came to vanguard and powertech and i both in the story in pve as well as Hm fp and to some degree in PVP (so much fast death that that occurs often befoire depletion of cells)

Both the force using as well as non force using classes that are not vanguard or powertech i dont see or have this issue with running out of energy etc, i dont overheat at all either on the sister class commando/mercenary its only on vanguard/powertech and it seems much worse than in 4,0 :-(

It ALMOST seems like when in 4.0 You forgot to activatye any of the stances and you would overheat rapidly..maybee Bioware forgot to apply the stance to the same amount when the stances became auto applied and passive in 5,0 ???

I am not sure if you are newer to the class but I wanted to ask if you are using hammer shot in between CDs and abilities? I have never had an issue with energy cell depletion unless I am brainless and spam a high cost ability without adding in a few hammer shots in between. Doing this, your cell level should never get lower than 55-60% which seems to be the threshold. Going any lower (than 55-60%) causes rapid cell depletion and it is a challenge to replenish your cells in combat without using re-charge cells.

You can also spec Re-energizers as it will replenish cells at the same time, increase threat if you are in tank spec or act as an additional aggro dump in DPS spec.

• 4 weeks later...

What is your rotation (havent read all the replies yet)? I play both Dps specs and sound like you may have a rotation problem specifically with your fillers. For instance in AP in my rotation I have 2 filler spots the first is for shoulder cannon for 7 charges (replaced with rapid shot after 7) then rapid shot for the second filler.