Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Juggernauts completely and utterly useless in PVP....

Dreez

Why is no class supposed to be able to win against a healer?

A healer cannot realistically kill anything, if a healer kills a DPS or Tank by themselves, it was not the healer that killed them, I promise you that.

A healer's only defense against being murder food for any tom dick or harry is that they are virtually impossible to take down solo.

It should always take more than one guy to drop a healer, simply because healer is not a 1v1 class, it is group support. The sole purpose of a healer is keeping others and themselves alive. Only a select few do anything else (mezzes and cc are staples of ANY player, so healers use them as well) but in terms of protection/damage? Tell me the last time a healer outdamaged you.

It actually irritates me to no end when some wiggle *** mara chases me around flapping his glowsticks at me uselessly as i kolto probe and surgical probe the damage. Not because hes a threat, but because its obvious hes just beating on the brick wall because it wont die and it pisses him off. Thats how it should be, considering most of the time I have 3-5 people all over me, if i couldnt survive one or two, I would never be able to heal my team, ever.

Edited by rylanadionysis

Yes you should never be able to 1v1 a healer, but you should be able to pressure them enough that it keeps them on their toes. And that is currently possible. The damage aspect behind juggernauts is fine, just where it needs to be. What needs the work is the survivability. The DCD's just don't compare to that of other classes.

This.

As a healer on four characters (one of which is my main), this so many times. Sure youll find a good juggy or guardian that can put a beating on ya, but not once do i recall ever dying to one. (by themselves i mean, plenty of times when someone else jumped in or three haha) But ill be damned if I didnt have to pay a lot of attention to active cds while weaving in self heals and heals for my tank or other teammates.

Pressure 1v1? Absolutely, thats part of strat. Straight up murdering 1v1? I would never support that.

Edited by rylanadionysis

All i can say is L2P. I top dps and prot in 90% of warzones (regs).

Dude, I would play a class called grandma and still top dps charts most of the time in WZ. How is this relevant in anything?!

To be far, Juggernauts are not absolutely terrible like the forums make them seem, but mara significantly eclipse them in every possible way. Damage, utility, survivability you name it (unless you are guarding healer as dps if there is no tank). And Veng damage is terrible, but all dot specs in 5.0 kinda are.

I hope that BW roll back some of the survivability buffs on merc, sniper and mara. That should be better than handing out new DCDs for everyone else. If that happens, no one will die in a WZ, ever...

Edited by Ottoattack

• 2 weeks later...
I have changed my mind about Juggernauts after playing level 70 pvp. Unless you roll tank, a Juggernaut is more of a gimp than anything else. there is so much healing and ranged damage, that unless you are a pure damage dealer or a tank that can guard the pure damage dealers, it is very frustrating.

I have changed my mind about Juggernauts after playing level 70 pvp. Unless you roll tank, a Juggernaut is more of a gimp than anything else. there is so much healing and ranged damage, that unless you are a pure damage dealer or a tank that can guard the pure damage dealers, it is very frustrating.

When your are tunneled is extreamly frustrating. You use all your DCDs and still can't do **** to survive more than a few seconds. Others are worst, but Juggs have no escape button. If you are in an Arena with no healers in your Team, you are likely to die first (unless the is a Powertech, but those are rare).

Still, it does have some uses. Pushing Sorc and Mercs away is a pleasure. To enemy healer: Push + Saber Throw(with root) + F Charge + Filler (optional) + Ravage (with root) + (if still posible add Force choke or mezz) and you bought your team 10/12 seconds or more (don´t forget to add chilling scream as the healer is trying to escape).

In huttball and depending on your utilities you can shine. If you use your point in root brakes you can be an excelent ball carrier even on DPS (tanks, are best granted) and if you use points in multiple roots (what i do) you can be an incredible support by keeping the enemy as far away from your ball carrier. If the enemy has the ball, then target the carrier with all your roots (unless inmune), mezz, stun.

Of course, that is not what most Juggs have in mind when playing a DPS spec. Again, sometimes i so frustrating that changing spec looks tempting, but i still look for ways to be usefull to my team. To change spec (to tank), i would have to start low to do it properly.

Juggs are very good in pvp not useless at all, in WZ i can't complain but in ranked solo... it's totally different story. Lack of decent DCD's being focused all the time it's hard BUT if you have a good (pvp) players on your team, you can be very dangerous. Otherwise with random pve pugs you are practice target for enemy team.

• 3 weeks later...
Juggs are very good in pvp not useless at all, in WZ i can't complain but in ranked solo... it's totally different story. Lack of decent DCD's being focused all the time it's hard BUT if you have a good (pvp) players on your team, you can be very dangerous. Otherwise with random pve pugs you are practice target for enemy team.

They do alright as long as they have a pocket healer or tank, and are on a team that isn't getting their face smashed in. In level 70, pretty much any and all dps classes will outlast you in a grudge match, because Juggernauts have the worst survivability in pvp.

Only way to play jugg and not be a gimp in pvp, is to roll your juggernaut as a skank tank. Otherwise you just take up a spot a marauder could be in.

Edited by cool-dude

They do alright as long as they have a pocket healer or tank, and are on a team that isn't getting their face smashed in. In level 70, pretty much any and all dps classes will outlast you in a grudge match, because Juggernauts have the worst survivability in pvp.

Only way to play jugg and not be a gimp in pvp, is to roll your juggernaut as a skank tank. Otherwise you just take up a spot a marauder could be in.

Haha give mercs a guard and call them tanks. They are more survivable, do more damage, and have self heals too!

Ok more seriously, in WZs I don't do too bad but then i don't do ranked either. I also haven't skank tanked. I usually run vig in pvp (sometimes tank, in my tank gear, if I'm running with a healer)

I main a Vengeance Jug. It really is the only class I play, and I do WZ's 99.9% of the time. Just got, to Command level 200 by doing WZ's.

I feel it is in a decent spot right now. Sure, if you come across a merc who has full cooldowns, you probably won't win if they play right.

Far from useless.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.