The Eternal Alliance - An exercise in Futility, and other rants about KOTFE AND KOTET

Airen_Fett

Just Becaus I Can. RESURRECTION!!!!!!!!

this is an Eternal Thread. and now i hate myself for typing that...

This argument is brought up all the time of "non-lucas originating content", as if George didnt have his fingers in every pie. This is a fact. A well documented fact. LucasFilm had an entire department dedicated to fixing continuity everytime Lucas changed his mind. he had to be consulted on EVERYTHING. and rightfully so. would you be ok with people changing your masterpiece without your say so? no one would. and only an absolute idiot would allow an IP like SW to be added to without editorial control.

George Lucas is many things. Idiot is not one of them

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took my last character through KOTFE/ET today. I wanted to take 8 characters representing all 8 classes through these storylines. I started with SW (the most logical PC) in January 2018 and finished with Smuggler (the least logical PC) in August 2020. It was quite a marathon even though I didn't do it consecutively. Any characters I make in the future will level to 75 some other way, they won't go through the endgame storyline past SoR. Actually if I'm being honest, probably not past Makeb. I'm sick of Theron and Lana too. Onslaught wasn't bad and there are some upsides to rejoining your faction (I thought smuggler's "Commodore" reward was pretty meh), but it's not part of the base game I actually still enjoy.

George Lucas is many things. Idiot is not one of them

No, he was definitely an idiot. His "continuity department" were the ones forced to explain away all the idiotic things he said, like having Kenobi claim the Jedi have been guardians of the Republic for a 1000 generations, which is 25,000 years. And the fans took it literally, and of course in the prequels we discover that he meant 1000 years, and then they have to create some stupid historical precedent to explain these mutually opposing statements (Ruusan Reformations).

Technically both statements are true by themselves. The Jedi WERE the guardians of the Old Republic for 25 millennia. AND also the order as presented in Ep. 1 has only been around for a thousand years. They also mention that there hasnt been a sith lord in all that time (that they know of) and that is consistent with the history of the order since the battles of Ruusan and the aforementioned reformations; which were akin to the treaty binding the Inquisition to the chantry in DA as the templars and seekers.

I see your point and I have my own issues with GL's casual dismissal of formerly approved stories in the EU (KT quit lucasbooks over CW handling of Mandalorians)

But if you are God, or the metaphor fits in context, then you can pretty much do whatever you want.

Technically both statements are true by themselves. The Jedi WERE the guardians of the Old Republic for 25 millennia. AND also the order as presented in Ep. 1 has only been around for a thousand years. They also mention that there hasnt been a sith lord in all that time (that they know of) and that is consistent with the history of the order since the battles of Ruusan and the aforementioned reformations; which were akin to the treaty binding the Inquisition to the chantry in DA as the templars and seekers.

I see your point and I have my own issues with GL's casual dismissal of formerly approved stories in the EU (KT quit lucasbooks over CW handling of Mandalorians)

But if you are God, or the metaphor fits in context, then you can pretty much do whatever you want.

To be fair, Disney has already made several stupid plotting mistakes equal to this one. Like the entirety of RoS lol.

I'm surprised to meet any KT fan. I like her books and handling of mandos too [much better than CW or Rebels] but it seems the vast majority of the fanbase despise her for some reason.

I wish more authors focused on creative collaboration of IP universe design with their fans. The idea that the given fictional universe wouldn't exist without both author to write it and fans to enjoy it is a major principle in fiction, as well as the idea that fans aren't simply passive recipients, but you have these domineering authors like Lucas, and fans who will justify every stupid change they make because THEY'RE the author, as if that means anything. If it weren't for Lucas's editors on ANH, this shlock is what we would've ended up with. IDK why any fan defends Lucas' vision after reading this garbage.

As copyright becomes eroded, this idea of authorial primacy will also wane but it will probably take a long while to happen, and fans will have to pull it from the corporations' cold dead hands.

Edited by Ardrossan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.