When will the forums allow images in signatures?

LrdStryfe

When will the forums be modified to allow for people to use their own image signatures? Looking at the signature tab in "My Account" it says that the forum could already handle them:

Allow HTML No

Allow Image BB Code No

Can Upload Images for Signature No

Can Upload Animated GIF for Signature No

Allow HTML BB Code No

So why can't the switch on these options just be flipped to allow these above options? Unless there is a concrete good reason to prevent it then the forums are missing out on so much creativity from the player base. Coming from SWG myself, the signatures people used on the forums were an amazing expression of their characters, servers, etc.

Make it happen Forum Team!

Edited by LrdStryfe

Would rather see forum search first as these forums are barely usable at the moment without it.

Yes a search bar should be more of a priority, though, since the option to include images in signatures is already in the forums coding I don't see why they can't just flip the switch on it. Wouldn't take more than a minute, actually.

Well of course it does, however, I find that to be a weak argument for not allowing them.

I would guess the extra costs, and supervision required. After all give some people the ability to make a picture everybody is forced to see, and trouble can brew.

Honestly I doubt they care, nor do I for that matter. :p

After all give some people the ability to make a picture everybody is forced to see, and trouble can brew.

I totally agree, in the sense that some you like and others inspire you.

Well let's cross our fingers that BB code image will be alllowed in the future. I honestly could not see any other outcome except our (SIG enthusiasts) constant vigilance, regarding the question, slacking on going overboard :p

I would love the ability to turn my sig link into the actual image. BB code allows for a search feature and for images to be used in sigs. If anyone is having trouble with bandwidth issues from image sigs in forums, then they shouldn't even be playing the game. I do think though that the sig images should be limited to a size of 400W X 120H to keep them from getting ostentatious.

Also want the ability to use my own image, if I choose, as a forum avatar. Size also limited, to standard avatar size.

Edited by iGhostWolf

hopefully never, or with a strongly enforced size limit. i'd rather see custom avatars, again with a strongly enforced size limit.

picture sigs are so tacky. don't need everyone with a cracked PS who thinks they are an artist busting their gifs up in here. :p