Game Running slow, can you tell me if i have the right requirements?

Carduro

The big thing is not the processor - the processor should be enough. The big thing is the video card. The built in 6150se is a little on the low end.

The system does show that it can be upgraded with PCI express x16 cards, so you could look into getting one for cheap.

The big thing is not the processor - the processor should be enough. The big thing is the video card. The built in 6150se is a little on the low end.

The system does show that it can be upgraded with PCI express x16 cards, so you could look into getting one for cheap.

You'd be surprised how much trouble a dual-core processor will have in an MMO. My girlfriend's computer has a new Radeon 6850, but she still can't run at the highest settings because even at mid settings, her CPU is running at 98% constant.

MMOs require a lot more processing power than your standard single-player games and more often then not, you're going to run in to a CPU bottleneck. Though yes.. the Nvidia 6150se is a terrible card.

I wouldn't run this thing with anything less than a 9800gtx or Radeon 4850.

thanks for the help guys im gonna have too go pick up a new card tomorrow. SUCKS I CANT PLAY!!!!

spend some time and research cards so you know what to get. You don't want to spend $100 on a new video card only to discover it either won't work or is actually worse than your current one, hah.

do a search for 6150se benchmark, and you'll be able to see how your card stacks up against other cards. If you find a good list of cards and can see the card you want to buy on the same list, you can immediately compare their performance.

Yes, procs can be a big part of it - but I think that A: the proc is the harder of the two to upgrade and B: the proc in this particular case probably isn't the cause of the bottleneck. Maybe, but probably not.

Edited by reillan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.