Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Constant Light Side Gain. Why?

MCesca

I'm not sure why, but I have been getting a constant Light Side gain on every conversation or action on one of my characters. It's a character I'm trying to level as "Grey," but since whether I choose Light or Dark options I constantly get a Light Side gain, it's impossible. Is there a bug that I'm not aware of?

As part of 5.0, the new Light vs Dark system has players acting on behalf of one side or the other. There is a new icon on your User Interface with both symbols next to each other (although it might be hidden behind your mini-map if you can't find it). Clicking on one or the other will give you points for that side as you play the game (for competing missions, playing WZs, etc.).

If you want to play "grey" just periodically switch your allegiance back and forth and it'll even out.

Edited by DarthDymond

Preferences > User Interface > Conversation > Show Conversation Alignment Gain

This will allow you to see if your conversation choice will result in light or dark gains. I don't believe the light vs dark setting near the mini-map affects the conversations, but I could be wrong.

Edited by Tessie

Preferences > User Interface > Conversation > Show Conversation Alignment Gain

This will allow you to see if your conversation choice will result in light or dark gains. I don't believe the light vs dark setting near the mini-map affects the conversations, but I could be wrong.

It doesn't change what you get for a conversation choice, but it can off-set it completely.

Using made-up numbers for an example: if you are flagged for "Light Side" in the new DvL system, then completing a mission might give you 100 LS points. As part of that mission, you might have a conversation where choosing one of the options grants 50 DS points. Even if you take the DS choice, when you complete the mission you'll gain a net 50 LS points (100 LS points for the mission, minus 50 DS points for the conversation choice - whereas if you took a conversation choice that had 50 LS points the net total would have been 150 LS points when you finished the mission and if you took a neutral conversation choice you would have gotten a net 100 LS points).

Edited by DarthDymond

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.