Needed fix for Merc/Commando & PT/VG

Nezyrworks

Greetings Developers!

We currently are aware that mercs/commandos have too much survivability, which causes tremendous problems in PVP environment. We also know, that PT/VG lacks the proper survivability to perform "in pair" with other DPS classes in PVP (especially solo ranked). The below solution would fix both problems in one go, without further destroying Mercenary/Commando with unnecessary overnerf, which some people would demand.

Please consider this suggestion from players, that not only enjoy the game, but also are a part of the PVP community!

SOLUTION:

A) Trauma Regulators: Move this talent from Mercenary to Powertech

or:

B) Responsive Safeguards: Move this skill from Merc to PT.

If Responsive Safeguard would be given to PT/VG instead of Merc we can all agree that both classes will be plausible to play, and the undying mercs would no longer be a problem.

Best regards

A Merc/Commando and a PT/VG player!

Edited by Nezyrworks

Signed.

Though it's important to note that buffing pt survivability can impact pve tanking and make things imbalanced, they should make the utility work based on which cylinder is equipped (certain utilities already work this way).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Merc is fine. The whole time Sins and Sorcs went around OP killing people at will we were told L2P. I will say the same to you. If you are struggling against Merc/Mando its a L2P issue.

Sorry but you are full of bullcrap. Wasting time on typing here where most of us have multiple toons (including me playing a mercenary/commando since pre release). Mercs do need slight adjustment which would remove one of their defensive utilities: Trauma Regulators or Responsive Safeguards. This would balance the issue PT/Merc. And yes i know how to kill a merc. Excusing mercs with sin/sorc opness back in a day doesn't realy cut the chase doesn't it?

Edited by Nezyrworks

/unsigned

Giving mercs some survivability on par to other classes is long overdue. I play every other class as well, and if you think what they added is OP then it is a L2P issue. I mean really. You can't work around a 6 sec defensive ability (a single target damage only at that *hint*) that can be popped every 2 minutes? Or if by slim chance your attacking them while they have their shield up and other slim odds events are happening they might get a good heal. This assumes the merc even knows about these (which a lot don't). Sorry, but all this smacks of "its not easy anymore".

I play every other class as well, and if you think what they added is OP then it is a L2P issue. I mean really. You can't work around a 6 sec defensive ability (a single target damage only at that *hint*) that can be popped every 2 minutes?

This type of answer makes me laugh every time. Because as soon as you oversimplify things, you should be aware that the opposite argument is simplified the same way... I.e.

Giving mercs some survivability on par to other classes is long overdue.

Why was it overdue? Why would you need another 6s buff that can be popped every 2 minutes? Couldn't you survive without it... maybe it's just another L2P issue after all? And if it's a L2P issue either way, why would you let 7 other classes learn how to play around a newly added feature, if the alternative is to let players of one specific class to learn how to survive without it?

And since we're already at a point of simplification, I hereby propose to give Sorcs an new skill that grants a 6s invulnerability as well. With 120s to cool down, it would be no more than another L2P issue after all. Or would you have an issue to do something else for 6s?

Let's not care about all the 'minor' details, like the fact that the 6s invulnerability might not be their only tool or the only change that has been made. Because who would dare to assume that the original post might be based on the fact that BioWare made many changes and that the request to remove a certain skill just aims to address the least understandable of all new features...