Scorpio and Aries

Lium

Is this the first mention or reference to Earth gods and astrology in the Star Wars universe? I know Han Solo said, "Then I'll see you in hell!" in ESB. But that just seems to be more of a saying, or a retort.

But Scorpio and Aries are direct mentions of explicitly Earth deities or astrological signs. Is this a first? I find it kind of interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't forget Gemini.

Either way, those things don't tend to come up much in the SW universe, it IS interesting.

Also, I've heard a line in the game that was like "There won't be a Corellian Hell far enough to keep me from getting him!" or something like that.

Edited by NovaSpartanX

While it's not a direct reference, Darth Thanaton is obviously named after Thanatos, the Greek Titan of death. So, there's been old world mythology creeping its way into Star Wars before.

It's all over the place, only usually with very subtle references, and altered names as you just described.

I was actually just wondering about that the other day... along those lines...

Are we gonna have to worry about a Virgo, Capricorn, Libra, Taurus, Cancer, Saggitarius, Leo, Aquarius, and Pisces? That's 9 more AI like things that could cause issues across the galaxy in various forms :p

My husband said it as much, too... 'Where are the other ones?'

I doubt they'll do anything with it. I hope they won't, but I'll be somewhat amused if they do.