PvP - DD with heal-skills only can heal themself

DragulThrawn

Title says all

pls Bioware, let DD´s use their heal skill only for themselfs,

in arena operative's off-heal, sorc's offheal, merc's offheal.

4DD´s vs 4DD´s = 99% the games win the team with the more offheal ...

They can use their heals but only for themself.

This will balance the game alot !

A operative DD with 3k-4k hps is not fair vs non healing dd´s.

Go in your Skill-Database and change this pls!

Title says all

/signed

No.

Also....no.

And let me add......no.

All classes have group friendly advantages. Off-healing is just one of a few.

yes a speedbuff or a cleanse or a kick ok, but 3-4k hps !! that´s not the same !

Heal for dd is not a group friendly advantages, if it is, it will be 300 hps or 500 hps.

Probably none of this would be as big an issue if healing itself wasn't way more powerful than it should be right now.

Healthpools are now pretty big and people can't instantly crit half someones HP away anymore.

Healing could cope with being a little less powerful alltogether.

On-use items like medpacs and things are all fine. Just healing output from actual healers and offhealers.

An operative DD heals me instantly from 20% life to 80-90% Life in one cd ...

With my merc i can heal someone for 20k crits in 1.5s casttime thats a way more powerful

then a **** guard where the "DD-Tank" get the half dmg ...

Every class has group friendly skills without heal, operative = group stealth + cleanse, sorc = "mini bubble" +cleanse

merc = net + cleanse.

A jugg, a pt and a sin have only their guard as a group friendly skill.

so these heal for a other teammate is on top ... you see what i mean ?

4DD´s vs 4DD´s

why trying to balance something that can never be balanced in a game built around trinity?

3 easy steps:

1. Force EVERY ranked game to have 1 healer, 1 tank 2 dps.

2. Balance around that.

3. Profit

Extra points for merging solo and group ranked since this will actually encourage players to team up and socialize instead of the current system that encourage players to que solo, resulting in a salty and poisonous community with everyone following their very own agenda.

An operative DD heals me instantly from 20% life to 80-90% Life in one cd ...

With my merc i can heal someone for 20k crits in 1.5s casttime thats a way more powerful

then a **** guard where the "DD-Tank" get the half dmg ...

Every class has group friendly skills without heal, operative = group stealth + cleanse, sorc = "mini bubble" +cleanse

merc = net + cleanse.

A jugg, a pt and a sin have only their guard as a group friendly skill.

so these heal for a other teammate is on top ... you see what i mean ?

The operative healing is a bug, lol. A DPS operative will never be healing you for more than ~15-20% of your HP at once (with a lucky kolto infusion crit) without the bugged utility.

I hope this thread is a jest.

On my Sage / Sorc I need to sit still for 20 seconds and deplete all the yellow bar to "heal to full" somebody.

It usually takes 6-7 casts, nobody in the universe is going to let me just sit there and do all of this without countering it. Expecially since even if I keep spamming healing (as DPS spec) anyone attacking my heal buddy is going to outpace my healing by about 2 to 1. I am actually better to add my DPS to said buddy and try to kill that attacker than to pretend to heal up.

Teams with offheal capable classes already had a massive advantage over pure dps teams in 4.0. In 5.0 it's even worse. Bug or not, seeing operatives healing for as much as 650k (or eeven higher) is just awful.

Dps barely ever use their guards and when they do itr's rarely helpful. Taunts are situational and very little players do them well. They also do not help you directly in any way as healing does.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Teams with offheal capable classes already had a massive advantage over pure dps teams in 4.0. In 5.0 it's even worse. Bug or not, seeing operatives healing for as much as 650k (or eeven higher) is just awful.

Dps barely ever use their guards and when they do itr's rarely helpful. Taunts are situational and very little players do them well. They also do not help you directly in any way as healing does.

Taunts prevent damage altogether, in that respect they are better than heals.

Look the only effective off-heals is a lethality/ruffian. Sorcs and Mercs can toss you a heal if you are about to go down, but don't have the resources to do so without a major drop in DPS. Even Lethality can only provide HoTs and the roll Kolto Infusion. Which is nice, but isn't enough to swing a game.

I don't know why Guardians, Vanguards, and Shadows don't taunt more. Even if they just used them indiscriminately on cooldown they would help a bit on average. I also don't known why Snipers hardly ever use their shield, even when both teams are bunched up. But we can't nerf because of bad play by opponents.

Edited by Master-Nala

T Even Lethality can only provide HoTs and the roll Kolto Infusion. Which is nice, but isn't enough to swing a game.

hahah lol , yes this why a team can win !

I don't know why Guardians, Vanguards, and Shadows don't taunt more.

Because they are focus target, because they have weak def´s and you know how taunt works ?

With my Mara, without offhealing i take round about 210k dmg before i die, with an operative in my group

i take 470-500k dmg before i die ... taunt are **** against this ...

Through taunts you could never get anywhere close to the protection as an offhealer gets heals.

Besides that, once health is lost its lost, protection or not. And without healing you aren't getting jack **** back.

Healing allows you to reset, protection does not.

Through taunts you could never get anywhere close to the protection as an offhealer gets heals.

Besides that, once health is lost its lost, protection or not. And without healing you aren't getting jack **** back.

Healing allows you to reset, protection does not.

Off heals do not allow a reset, Healers allow a reset. Off-healing can save someone in a pinch, but so can a well placed guard or taunt or buff.

If the OP is complaining about the ONE operative spec which can do decent off-healing then his suggestion is too broad. There is no Merc, Sorcerer or Concealment Op doing 2-3K HPS in off-healing. And Lethality deserves the advantage given their middling ability to do their actual job of damage.

Off heals do not allow a reset

Of course they do. All you have to do is draw back from fighting while your team makes sure the enemies can't follow you. It doesn't matter if its a healer or an offhealer. If people know what they are doing they can allow anyone a reset.

It isn't always worth it, but sure a heck of a lot more powerful than a couple of taunts.

Of course they do. All you have to do is draw back from fighting while your team makes sure the enemies can't follow you. It doesn't matter if its a healer or an offhealer. If people know what they are doing they can allow anyone a reset.

It isn't always worth it, but sure a heck of a lot more powerful than a couple of taunts.

Please define the situation a bit more, include specific powers.

I'll even give you a list of healing powers available to Damage specs:

Sorcerers

Dark Heal

Resurgence

Static Barrier (but that doesn't heal so under your formulation it shouldn't count)

Mercenaries

Rapid Scan

Kolto Shot

Emergency Scan

Operatives

Kolto Infusion

Kolto Probe

Diagnostic Scan

So how exactly would one go about resetting a fight with these powers. As I said I'll give you Lethality, especially with the new utility on Kolto Infusion. But none of these other powers heal for more than 15% of the current 130K health at 70.

Edited by Master-Nala

Ehm, team allows player under heavy pressure to retreat using their abilities to deny enemies following, offhealer heals.

Player goes back into the fight.

I'm not quite sure how it's so hard to grasp?

It happens literally all the time and that's where offhealing is so strong.

Edited by Evolixe

Title says all

Only if classes with tanking discipline cannot use taunts and guard.

Ehm, team allows player under heavy pressure to retreat using their abilities to deny enemies following, offhealer heals.

Player goes back into the fight.

I'm not quite sure how it's so hard to grasp?

It happens literally all the time and that's where offhealing is so strong.

If it happens "literally all the time," then you should be able to easily support your point by reference to specific powers.

If it's this prevalent, then please tell us what the off-healing character is doing that resets the fight. How hard is it to say, Sorcerer casts this power, then this power, etc. thereby resetting the fight?

Yes, because my Lightning Sorcerer's force pool doesn't completely die when I spam healing. DPS idiot using Guard- whack their guarded target and then whale on them- they aren't tanks, they go squish. An off-heals is trying to help a teammate- go kill them and they won't be helping their teammate, they will either die or save themselves if possible.

Frelling hell. It's not that difficult- DPS tanks and off-heals are much easier to kill than a broken AC that needs a nerf but you can make it easier for yourself and step away from the orange bubbled merc who is healing with every damage tick... nope, let's all continue to hit and rage when they predictably hit full health. Signed the Mara who steps away and screams at her screen. (DPS Mercs do need fixing).

The devs shouldn't need to fix everything to protect players from shooting themselves in the foot.

-Off heals aren't enough to make a huge difference if your team knows what it's doing, so I disagree. Although there should be a diminishing return on all heal specs cross-healing other heal specs (dev should experiment to find a decent percentage).