All Items All the Time

Draaconis

From a profit standpoint, I do not understand the point of rotating items on the Cartel Market. If someone wants an item on the cartel market, make it available. I am looking for items that come from packs that you cannot even order anymore. Because of this, there are items selling on the Galactic Market for 50+ MILLION credits. Apart from destroying the in-game economy, what is the point? From a company standpoint, do you not stand to make greater profits from market sales if the items the customers want are actually for sale? Things like white sabre crystals and hover chairs are vanity items and do not effect game play in any way. Having those sorts of things be this hard to come by serves no actual purpose. It only adds to the decline of the in-game economy.

I suspect that the exact system they're using is the one that produces the greatest amount of real-life cash for the company (which, incidentally, I'm in favor of). Compared to that, the in-game economy is meaningless.

So the theory is that it is better to make $0 from people who aren't buying packs because they do not hold the items they want? The people who are buying the packs now are the same ones that will be buying them anyway so, no, this is not the model that makes the greatest profit. You are not enticing people who do not buy the packs to buy them because you are removing he items they actually want.

I would humbly suggest that, since Bioware has access to its own completely unabridged financial records, and you and I do not, they're in the better position to determine the best way to maximize their profits.

{Don't you know? Armchair quarterbacks/programmers/financial gurus always know what's best for everything.

That's why they aren't working in their fields of expertise: they know too much about how to be successful and it wouldn't be fair to all the Muggles so they just show up in threads around the Internet offering their wisdom but still keeping it on the down-low.}

I'm actually being quite explicit in admitting that neither I nor anyone else commenting here knows. And, in light of that lack of information, I choose to believe that the company in whose best interest it is to make the most money possible is taking the actions that best contribute to that outcome.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.