Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Tone down healing, or fix match making

Evanouss

1 healer vs 1 dps should nullify one healer if tunneled. 2 dps can kill a healer. 2 healers would take 4 dps. It's not hard but majority of the pvp population are casuals so that's the problem. nerf heals cuz casuals can't kill a healer.

Sure, if its just 2 healers and 4 dps. But as soon as each team gets 2 healers and 4 dps, and those dps try to remotely do any sort of control.. nobody is dying. So your argument is rather void.

PvP isn't 3rd grade math. It's not like the healers teammates sit idly by while you kill them.

Neither do the healers themselves.

If you honestly don't think healing is overdone right now then there is no point in talking.

I'd just suggest you start playing a dps for a main a while.

If everyone in an 8v8 knows what they are doing and both teams have 2 healers.. nobody is going to die.

Not untill someone makes a mistake.

Edited by Evolixe

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 healer vs 1 dps should nullify one healer if tunneled. 2 dps can kill a healer. 2 healers would take 4 dps. It's not hard but majority of the pvp population are casuals so that's the problem. nerf heals cuz casuals can't kill a healer.

This is the problem right here.

People think healing is OP. However one coordinated group can easily take out one healer and that healer can do absolutely nothing about it.

It's only when you have people with no awareness solo fighting all over the place that healing seems OP.

Are we playing the same game?

Even with all the "awareness" and coordination in the world a healer supported by an equally sized party isn't going to die. It only happens when it's let-happen.

In Warzone a healer will get absolutely wrecked by a competent team. I manage to do it all the time to healers if I have one other DPS helping me. All you have to do is hit your disrupts when they go to heal.

There is literally nothing they can do to stop it. If you have more than 2 DPS, you can stunlock the healer and kill them within 2 or 3 Globals.

If it's 1 healer and nobody on the healers team cares. Sure.

With 2 healers that have 2 dps with them you can forget doing anything with less than 5 man.

4 DPS on 2 healers and the same thing happens if you don't have someone on the healers team running interference with knockbacks and cc's

4 DPS on 2 healers and the same thing happens if you don't have someone on the healers team running interference with knockbacks and cc's

The problem is that you're going by the assumption that thhe healers don't have equal manpower.

"2 healers can be killed by 4dps" yeah, when its JUST those 2 healers, but then that kind of defeats the whole point of balance.

The problem is that you're going by the assumption that thhe healers don't have equal manpower.

"2 healers can be killed by 4dps" yeah, when its JUST those 2 healers, but then that kind of defeats the whole point of balance.

I'm not assuming that at all. In fact I stated if the healers don't have someone running interference for them.

So the healers can have a team with them and if that team ignores helping their healers, those healers are still dead.

I'm not assuming that at all. In fact I stated if the healers don't have someone running interference for them.

So the healers can have a team with them and if that team ignores helping their healers, those healers are still dead.

So your definition of balance only applies when grasping at straws then.

If one team is **** and the other is good, the good team wins. Oh I didn't know that's how it's supposed to work.

Thanks for the enlightenment.

Stop making a fool out of yourself and read my posts carefully for once.

But to make it easy for you, ill break it down below:

I say healers are too powerful.

Reason is that under any decent team that can be remotely compared, nobody will die.

That means unless a mistake is made and someone "forgets" to peel for their healer, or otherwise does not intervene on a teammate in trouble, the healer will always be able to heal through.

That should not be. Healers should not be able to heal through any all all damage indefinitely under equal (manpower) numbers. At some point in time there should be a weak spot or some sort of cooldown downtime where the damage will just be too much to cope, otherwise you get the kind of stagnant games you can get now.

Edited by Evolixe

Yep, this exactly, I don't know how often I sit there and heal, while dps just try to kill one another, instead of focusing, but that's regs, my suggestion, its pvp, it will always be frustrating. Try to ignore it, group with some friends so you can ***** at one another or kill the healers that's annoying you. :)

The problem is that when you start going for the healer, everyone is going to be in your face.

So you're better off trying to take the healer out of the picture rather than trying to kill them.

But then now.. with health pools as big as they are, that lost a lot of its effeciency because you can't kill a person before a healer is full whitebarred and already back on his feet.

And that wouldn't be that big an issue weren't it for the fact that the healer can nullify ALL of the downtime in a mere few seconds.

Burst was always ridiculous in this game, and now it might finally have a somewhat balanced position.

You don't die next to instantly versus a high burst class, but if you don't act upon someone bursting you will still get annihilated.

Burst is right. Healing is wrong.

With less healing, time to kill would be the same, while group combat would see more killing.

I don't know about you.. but I don't much enjoy stalemate games where nobody dies.

Clearing the field and making people run back keeps the game dynamic.

Everyone staying alive constantly is just plain boring and makes for uneventful games.

I wholeheartedly agree.

-xgiga

So your definition of balance only applies when grasping at straws then.

If one team is **** and the other is good, the good team wins. Oh I didn't know that's how it's supposed to work.

Thanks for the enlightenment.

Stop making a fool out of yourself and read my posts carefully for once.

But to make it easy for you, ill break it down below:

I say healers are too powerful.

Reason is that under any decent team that can be remotely compared, nobody will die.

That means unless a mistake is made and someone "forgets" to peel for their healer, or otherwise does not intervene on a teammate in trouble, the healer will always be able to heal through.

That should not be. Healers should not be able to heal through any all all damage indefinitely under equal (manpower) numbers. At some point in time there should be a weak spot or some sort of cooldown downtime where the damage will just be too much to cope, otherwise you get the kind of stagnant games you can get now.

Damn you mad. Salty tears are salty. Do you want a tissue? Throwing a tamper tantrum online is more akin to making oneself look like a fool.

You obviously play DPS and are mad because healers can do their job and keep people alive. You want to be able to ignore healing and kill everyone regardless.

Please more tears. Nom nom.

Edited by Damedius

Almost as cute as your constant qq.

Complaining about every PvP match ending in a stalemate. Which is such obvious ******** to anyone that has played any amount of PvP.

I'd be quite amazed if you did 10% of my lifetime swtor PvP matches tbh

This conversation is honestly getting tiresome, you want to live in your own small little healing world in games where nobody ever dies, good for you. But not for literally anyone else.

I've done it all, I DPS, I heal, I tank. Idgaf.

It's quite obvious you can't see the grand scheme of things, I rest my case.

Edited by Evolixe

This conversation is honestly getting tiresome, you want to live in your own small little healing world in games where nobody ever dies, good for you. But not for literally anyone else.

I've done it all, I DPS, I heal, I tank. Idgaf.

It's quite obvious you can't see the grand scheme of things, I rest my case.

I don't think you understand the meaning of literally or the expression IDGAF.:D

Clearly you give plenty of F's.

Edited by Damedius

Yep, this exactly, I don't know how often I sit there and heal, while dps just try to kill one another, instead of focusing, but that's regs, my suggestion, its pvp, it will always be frustrating. Try to ignore it, group with some friends so you can ***** at one another or kill the healers that's annoying you. :)

WOAH WOAH WOAH!

Are you talking...

about...

premades?

i heard people don't like them

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.