Is this a bug ? - About recruiting Lokin ...

AlrikFassbauer

Hello,

I'm playing an originally Republic-side character, and I'm about to recruit Dr. Lokin for the Alliance.

Point is, he tells my character that he'll give him "those probes".

I look into my inventory - and they aren't there !

The Rakghule Event is currently there on Corellia, and I'd like to use this event for recruiting Lokin.

But I can't !

I mean, there are actually no probes I could use in the Rakghule Tunnels !

My character has level 67,

his Influence on Lokin is 3 now,

and it *might* be ( but I'm not sure about that ) , that this character's inventory might have been full when talking to Lokin for the very first time ...

I assumed that these "probes" ( which I never saw ) might have been in the "Mission Items" part of the Inventory - but they aren't there as well.

That's why I suspect that this might be a bug.

Alrik

It's been a while since I last did this, but I don't recall getting actual "probes" in my inventory for this mission. If you do get any, they would be in your "Mission Items" tab, not your main inventory.

IIRC, you don't actually need to find these "items" in your inventory. Just head into the tunnels, to the spots marked on your map, then click the button on your Mission Tracker to activate the "probe" (or maybe it's an item on the ground in the tunnels that you click on - like I said, it's been a while) and then ... stuff happens.

Edited by Adric_the_Red

I have this mission in one of my alts, the probe is in the mission items tab its called "genetic research probes", also it shows as an icon in mission tracker list right next to the mission title: A kindly old monster (icon)

when you are in the tunnels you activate it or wait near someone that has activated it and the "Deploy Probe at Site X" will be removed from the list, once all sites are probed you return to Lokin

• 1 month later...
Ok so does the event have to be happening in order to recruit him or is there another way around it without being an agent? He just gave me the probes and that was it. No location no nothing.
Yes, the event has to be happening. That's the only time you can go into the Rakghoul Tunnels to use the probes.