The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Prototype lightsabers anyone?

wongoli

I know that I'm in the minority when I say swords > lightsabers but I really think there needs to be more variety in the vibroblade department. I really liked the look of the classic vibroblades that were added into the game, especially the unsheathing animations and how the blades extend, really sick looking for a sith assassin player.

Maybe a "force imbued swords" that look like a cross between a vibroblade and a katana.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force-imbued_blade

I could totally see something like this being in the game.

And vibroswords need to be animated differently for Sentis and Maras when you wear two of them, because currently they move as if they are fixed to some sort of frame on your back.

And the Cathar Honor Sword on my BT4 F!Senti's *left* slices her buttock off as she stands... (BT4 human, blonde mohawk(1), black/white RV-03 Speedsuit. Looks pretty impressive, if not exactly Jedi-ish...)

I'm still hoping we will see a darksaber like the one maul uses in the clone wars and rebels TV series it is supposed to be from the old Republic they brought the defiant vented knew in why not a darksaber sort of like a vibrosword and lightsaber in one would appeal to people who like both types

I'm still hoping we will see a darksaber like the one maul uses in the clone wars and rebels TV series it is supposed to be from the old Republic they brought the defiant vented knew in why not a darksaber sort of like a vibrosword and lightsaber in one would appeal to people who like both types

Pre Vizsla's Dark Saber that was later used by Maul is a one of a kind Jedi Artifact as far as I know, handed down through the Vizsla clan for generations until it came into Maul's hands through single combat. Because it's supposed to be in the hands of the Vizsla clan and Shae doesn't have it, we can assume that it hasn't been claimed yet.

Kylo's Saber (I refuse to call it anything else. =3) Is another story. It's based on a design from the scourge of Malachor that can be repeated and reproduced. It's not a singular item like Vizsla's Dark Saber. That's why we have it and not the Darksaber itself.

• 3 weeks later...
Pre Vizsla's Dark Saber that was later used by Maul is a one of a kind Jedi Artifact as far as I know, handed down through the Vizsla clan for generations until it came into Maul's hands through single combat. Because it's supposed to be in the hands of the Vizsla clan and Shae doesn't have it, we can assume that it hasn't been claimed yet.

Kylo's Saber (I refuse to call it anything else. =3) Is another story. It's based on a design from the scourge of Malachor that can be repeated and reproduced. It's not a singular item like Vizsla's Dark Saber. That's why we have it and not the Darksaber itself.

We do have lightsaber crystals that can give a look similar to the Darkblade. Also has it ever been said that Shae didn't take the darksaber from the Temple? I always assumed she just never used it since she trusts her guns and other weapons over the new trophy she got from the temple.