The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Blind Guy, Chirrut Imwe, in Rogue One SPOILERS

Kai-Del_Serromis

I know the wiki says he's just a blind human, but does anyone else kind of wish they'd made him a Mirialan ex-Jedi accompanied by his Clone Trooper friend who decided not to kill him?

Too much lost story potential there, I think.

That would have been sweet, although both of them were defenders of a Jedi Temple on Jeda so there may be more to them. I hope they come out with something about their backstory. The movie focused on the heist (as it should have) and it was amazing as all hell.

I thought his character, blind guy, was absurd. His little force chant as he marched around in blaster fire was ridiculous......I did think the placing of a bag over his head and his comment could be humorous if not for the general distaste the movie had already put into my mouth. He like EVERY other character in the movie were underdeveloped to the point they were a liability to the movie. Forrest Whittakers character is a prime example of underdeveloped and poorly utilized. Much like the debate about The Phantom Menace I could have skipped the first 1 and 30 minutes of the movie and the story of SW would be just fine.......I would dare say the first 1 45 minutes were not needed and did nothing to advance the story beyond another way to make more money......I cannot slight them for that.........But hey what do i know.,.

I would rank this movie slightly below SW Christmas special. Some will mock me for this but I did not enjoy the movie at all. At least with the Special they introduced Boba Fett.

I thought his character, blind guy, was absurd. His little force chant as he marched around in blaster fire was ridiculous......I did think the placing of a bag over his head and his comment could be humorous if not for the general distaste the movie had already put into my mouth. He like EVERY other character in the movie were underdeveloped to the point they were a liability to the movie. Forrest Whittakers character is a prime example of underdeveloped and poorly utilized. Much like the debate about The Phantom Menace I could have skipped the first 1 and 30 minutes of the movie and the story of SW would be just fine.......I would dare say the first 1 45 minutes were not needed and did nothing to advance the story beyond another way to make more money......I cannot slight them for that.........But hey what do i know.,.

I would rank this movie slightly below SW Christmas special. Some will mock me for this but I did not enjoy the movie at all. At least with the Special they introduced Boba Fett.

hay wont mock you for your opinion, and i think an issue i have is that we didn't know the characters well but that for me didn't stop me enjoying the film.

Edited by Kaisernick

• 3 months later...
I know the wiki says he's just a blind human, but does anyone else kind of wish they'd made him a Mirialan ex-Jedi accompanied by his Clone Trooper friend who decided not to kill him?

Too much lost story potential there, I think.

Miraluka. And yes, that would have been so cool! And if done right would have been such a great surprise!