Threat Meter, why do we not have this yet?

I dont want mods , they ruined wow and they will ruin swtor. Keep mods out.

First of all this is a game not real life, I highly think if you fall from a highrise on curascant you are coming back but in real life if you jump from a high level building I could almost guarantee you will not be coming back anytime soon if at all.

Edited by eldisper

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol this is horrible.

and how exactly do you think people used to tank before threat meters?

i will tell you we tanks did just fine.

1) fail less as a tank

2) dont run with stupid dps

3) dont run with stupid healers

4) ?????

5) Profit

wouldnt the target of the target of the target be the same as your target in most cases?

i mean target of target is you as the tank typically. then the target of that would just be the mob again, no?

wouldnt the target of the target of the target be the same as your target in most cases?

i mean target of target is you as the tank typically. then the target of that would just be the mob again, no?

yeh my bad i typed an extra target there.

I only meant target of target frame :p

As has been stated before there aren't addons because there's simply no addon support yet. The real interesting part is watching all the people that are against addons because of the elitism that tends to come with them while they themselves are elitist without them. It's just a little irony I noticed. One way you're an elitist with addon stats to back you up, and other you're just a plain elitist.

The necessity of threat meters largely depends on encounter design. There has been a constant cycle in WoW where addons were developed, and Blizzard subsequently designed encounters with those addons in mind. For example, in Gruul's lair as the OT I had to be second on the agro table to absorb hurtful strike. Maintaining a position below the MT but above the DPS would have been almost impossible without a threat meter, was I just supposed to divine the relative threat between me and the often changing MT? If BW designs encounters that require that degree of threat precision than meters would probably be needed.

Honestly a threat meter isn't needed.

I do insane dps on my Merc, he's geared out the wazoo..but so is my tank. If I pull threat..guess what..he taunts back.

There are things that are needed much more than a threat meter.

Yes I would love a threat meter but it's not needed as much as target of target frames, macro's or even a DPS meter..It's hard to recruit someone if you can't tell if they're getting carried or not.

Edited by Slomoshun