i hate the new animation for blade blizt /blade dance for the JK

Frostt

that little jump spinny slash part at the end :rolleyes: its like one of those over the top fakey action moves they do in movies that take you out of the movie.

the back stab and the big swing cut you in half swing was do much better.

I seem to be in the minority but I love the new animation. At least for the Guardian. The new one makes the fights seem super fast paced, especially in a PvP duel. It actually feels like a lightsaber fight.

I was always mixed about the old animation for Blade Dance. The wind-up slash looked cool but I've always hated the whole "Turn your complete body around to do a weak backstab" animation that you see in movies. That one's also super fake-y and unrealistic but it triggers me because it's both unrealistic and just looks super awkward. At least the flip is quick and looks cool.

The Jugg version does look a little more awkward though. Something about it seems off and I'm not sure what it is. I think it might have to do with how they look when they swing the saber horizontally with one hand.

Edited by Tythos

I don't really mind them at all. They're fast paced, high energy animations. I know that some people don't think that fits for Juggs, but I tend to disagree. Although, the last hit animation on Ravage could be better, but it does match up with Impale (then again, I'm not the biggest fan of Impale either lol.)

I actually prefer the new animation for JK. The old one looked good but was too slow for my liking. Realism doesn't exist with either animation so I'll take the speed.

This is probably the biggest reason that I don't mind the change. The old animations looked cool, but when you think about it, no one would get hit by that last strike because they can see it a mile away.

It would be nice if they put it back since it a the only dramatic / brutal looking move besides annihilate. Juggs and guards should have it just do the same thing they did with PT/VG just allow players to move while channeling. To me the original animation looks better for single saber while the new one makes sense for dual sabers.

This is probably the biggest reason that I don't mind the change. The old animations looked cool, but when you think about it, no one would get hit by that last strike because they can see it a mile away.

I think that's a big factor in why I really like the new animation too. It looks like a less telegraphed quick flurry of strikes. If it was another 3 second channelled attack and my character remained flipping in the air for 2 and half seconds, I probably wouldn't like it as much.

Edited by Tythos

Same with Ravage, I absolutely hate how robotic it looks, and that the channel is gone. Why not just allow it to be cast while moving? It was a great feeling in Carnage spec to see that channel executed so quickly and squeezed/clipped into a Gore window. Now that skillful opportunity is gone.

Bring back the channel and old animations! Allow them to be cast while moving instead if dumbing down the game!