Dark v Light

UltimateKrucible

Hi - I took a break during the D v L event, and now I see that it seems to have continued on an become something permanent? How does it work?

Further - How do I get these Dark v Light points/tokens, and is the Master Ragnos companion achievable without having done the event? I saw something about an alert?

Thanks

Hi - I took a break during the D v L event, and now I see that it seems to have continued on an become something permanent? How does it work?

Further - How do I get these Dark v Light points/tokens, and is the Master Ragnos companion achievable without having done the event? I saw something about an alert?

Thanks

1. It's not the same DvL thing as the event.

2. Not sure about the tokens.

3. Master Ranos (note spelling, she is not the descendant of Marka) is available only to players who completed the Eternal level or above in the pre-5.0 DvL event.

Thanks

New DvL event:

Pretty much everything you do in game will earn some amount of points for either the LIght or Dark side, though at the very least it's not real obvious exactly how many points a particular action earns for that side. You can be a fully Light side character, and still earn points for the Dark side, or vice versa, according to which side you choose to fight for.

You have a new UI element as of patch 5.0 which allows you to choose whether your character is fighting for the Light side or Dark side. In its default position it is partly hidden behind your minimap, so you will probably want to go into the Interface Editor and move it somewhere else. (I resixed mine to about 75% or so, and put it up at the top of the screen, beside the new, smaller menu bar). But that's all you need to do: Click on either the Light or Dark icon on that new button, and then just play the game as usual, to earn points for that side. From time to time you will see that one side or the other is victorious. When that happens, players get a 15% bonus to their Galactic Command XP for one hour. (Which pretty much makes it only relevant for subscribers with one or more level 70 characters).

Master Ranos:

Players who completed the "Eternal" level in the DvL event prior to patch 5.0 get an in-game email with a holocron they can use to get Master Ranos as a companion right away, or they can wait and do the Alliance Alert mission to recruit her later. But just like with Nico Okarr in patch 4.0, only those who qualified will get the holocron or Alert.

(This also applies to the Shae Vizla companion. If you qualified, you can use the item from your in-game email to add her as a companion right away, or wait to get the Alert and recruit her that way. If you did not qulify, you cannot get her as a companion.)