[SPOILERS] Who else wanted/thought he'd changed?

mrdrsenorpeanut

KOTET SPOILERS!

So this whole time since we'd met Valkorion, I always knew he'd be looking out for himself, but I'd actually believed he was helping us and not just planning to betray us at the end. I mean, he's still not technically evil, since he did change after Ziost, but I had kinda wanted to be Emperor while having Valkorion around. Kinda sucks that he is gone though, because he should have been a raid boss.

To be fair, according to KotET chapter IX, he did change (or, more accurately, we never truly understood him, since our primary source of information on him was Lord Scourge, who is a lying Sith who lies). He just got bored with us and changed his mind. In a way, I sort of liked what they did with him. Rather than a big scary grandiose sort of guy, he ends up just being kind of a petty worm under all that.

And he absolutely never should have been a raid boss. Or at least, not a raid-only boss (something ala Revan Reborn woulda been fine I suppose). Thankfully, the devs seem to have learned their lesson about hiding resolutions to otherwise-solo content behind unreliable group stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah. it was abit of a let down. Visions in the dark made me think that they were going to make Vitiate/Valkorian into a being that had truly discovered a new side of the force, and was changed by it in more ways than one. Instead they kept him one-dimensional.

Also,

" Remember me when your empire burns" makes me think we have not seen the end of Vitiate.

Edited by cool-dude

• 2 weeks later...
I really grew to love Valk as a character. I convinced myself we'd take the throne, and at some point he'd peacefully accept death and pass on...I fell for it so easily and it made me sad how we had to end him. That said, it was a great way to end the character i'd say, and I don't think we'll see him again after a finale like that.

really ? I never though he ''changed'' after Ziost . I mean sure he say he did . But yeah , never believed he could've turned good or anything like that .

Since everything we face , merely his family....is in your face of his lunatic evil ways . And when I played LS ? All that preaching about the throne....when you keep saying no and he keep pushing it into me . Hell , I even forsaw that whole throne get zapped stuff lol .

But as a DS , I always played my Sorc as someone who know he will betray us (I wouldve been dissapointed if he didn't) . The only plan I had..was to betray him first . But a Sorc is a survivor , so even after that scene.....I was like hang in there!!! there is no way I lose here ! The throne is mine Valk! Your time is up grand Pa! :p

Ahem..anyway . yeah , never believed him as a LS or a DS .

He certainly looks and sounds more trustworthy as Valkorion, and he's a lot more chatty, but I figured when he offered to share his power with my Wrath that he was testing to see how tough this potential new host body was. His line about who Valkorion was, when you're the Wrath, is also rather foreboding. So no, I never believed he was selflessly helping the Alliance. I don't doubt that he managed to transcend the limitations of dark/light and Jedi/Sith after noshing on Ziost but his personality didn't really seem all that different to me so I never bought the idea that he wasn't at least considering betraying my Wrath from the getgo.

He certainly looks and sounds more trustworthy as Valkorion, and he's a lot more chatty, but I figured when he offered to share his power with my Wrath that he was testing to see how tough this potential new host body was. His line about who Valkorion was, when you're the Wrath, is also rather foreboding. So no, I never believed he was selflessly helping the Alliance. I don't doubt that he managed to transcend the limitations of dark/light and Jedi/Sith after noshing on Ziost but his personality didn't really seem all that different to me so I never bought the idea that he wasn't at least considering betraying my Wrath from the getgo.

No he did not transcend the limitation of dark/light he was a dark side user until the end. Did you see any light side power from him?

No only lighting and force drain and mind domination these are dark side power with only one who is neutral.

No he did not transcend the limitation of dark/light he was a dark side user until the end. Did you see any light side power from him?

No only lighting and force drain and mind domination these are dark side power with only one who is neutral.

He does heal you . So that would be a LS power right ?

Although , I think the whole transcand light and dark idea got scrapped . cose Vision in the dark was all about that and we didnt get squat as new powers...and we end up using a lame shield in the end .

He does heal you . So that would be a LS power right ?

Although , I think the whole transcand light and dark idea got scrapped . cose Vision in the dark was all about that and we didnt get squat as new powers...and we end up using a lame shield in the end .

I do not know if gameplay counts but he could have easily taken from his own life force and added to yours like dark side users do.

you fall for the sociopath charms . :p

Oh no. If you read the rest of my post, you'll see I didn't. ^_^ I was saying that I think part of the reason why he looks and sounds the way he does is an intentional attempt to lull the player into believing that he's changed.

I would argue that he's a manipulative, megalomaniacal arsehole until the end, but that he does in fact utilise powers from both aspects of the Force. In fact,

he switched between the two when I was fighting him, which prompted me to switch as well using the holocron.

Oh no. If you read the rest of my post, you'll see I didn't. ^_^ I was saying that I think part of the reason why he looks and sounds the way he does is an intentional attempt to lull the player into believing that he's changed.

I would argue that he's a manipulative, megalomaniacal arsehole until the end, but that he does in fact utilise powers from both aspects of the Force. In fact,

he switched between the two when I was fighting him, which prompted me to switch as well using the holocron.

What? What game did I played why can't I remember this I am pretty sure I still slashed, stabbed and slashed until I defeated him.