The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cartel Market certificate decorations

Several months ago, they re-released all the old Cartel Market packs for one week each. Some of the older packs contained the Cartel Certificates. The drop rate was about 1 certificate for every $10 spent on packs. Not all of the older packs had them, so you had to do your research.

You can (supposedly) still get Certificates by playing a Contraband Slot Machine at someone's stronghold. From the latest calculations I could find, you'll average about 1 certificate for every 2.5 million credits that you gamble.

People still buy decorations with certificates and offer them for sale on the GTN. The going rate on my server is between 2 and 4 million credits for an item that takes 1 certificate, double for the items that cost two certificates. Unfortunately, people mostly buy rugs, dancers, and jawas. It's almost impossible to get items such as the speeder station. I have had some luck advertising in Trade to pay someone to buy a specific item for me.

So your options are --

* $10 per certificate by buying packs on the rare occasion they re-release.

* 2.5 million credits per certificate by gambling if you can find someone sharing their slot machine.

* 2-8 million credits if you watch the GTN closely and someone buys the desired item.

There have been numerous threads asking Bioware to increase the availability. One more probably won't make a difference, so hopefully you'll find these suggestions helpful. Best of luck in finding the items you want.

Edited by Xina_LA

I don't have a problem spending the credits on the GTN to acquire the items I want - it's really more the case that, as you say, people only buy certain decorations with their certificates, and those are what go up for sale. Twi'lek dancers are still floating around out there, but there's nary an orange luxury bed to be seen. Edited by Nocturnalchemy

The other problem is that a lot of the various reputation items from the cartel reputations require certificates themselves to get, and since the certificates are bound to legacy, it's impossible for people to get these.

Spending 2.5 million credits for a certificate puts the odds of winning a certificate at 1:3300, which is a stupid ratio for a drop that is *required* - and often in quantities larger than 1 - to buy certain items in-game. The fact that these haven't gone to some other means of obtaining - or that certificates have some other means of likewise obtaining - is a stupid oversight on BioWare's part.

Make them purchasable in-game with Completed Bounty Contracts, Gray Secant Components, Rakghoul DNA Canisters, or have them as random world drops or drops from Galactic Command Crates.

My worry is, however, that the current model will never change - or at least not for the foreseeable future. The stupidity of the current Galactic Command system with random rewards for work shows that the current development direction for BioWare is along the "Gambling is fun!" line of thought, rather than line of thought that espouses working for a clear goal.