The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

About the Support..

TheRandomWolf

I have played many MMOs and games with online assistance for ages now.. and to be fairly honest, I have never seen such a flawed "Support" as the one this game has.

Let's admit, EA and Bioware are huge companies.. and I have seen better Support from smaller ones. I mean, F2P and Preferred have no means of contacting Support via in-game. Not even via email... what if their game is experiencing something that really requires the attention of a the Staff? What if something bad happened to the account and the player or even others layers can't get around with? Not everyone is comfortable about doing these calls.. and they also charge extra and that is pricey.

I had a bad situation. When I first bought the game, through Origin, the code was deemed invalid and my account was broken as well. Origin's Support was unable to do anything related to the matter. I couldn't use the Forums, the FAQs and general browsing didn't help either. I had no choice but to phone EA. And the problem only came to a fix after three phone calls.

The item that I had purchased stated that my account would have received 30 days and 500 coins. However, the person on the phone only managed to add the 30 days and not the Pack's extras. I have sent an email to EA, because they had sent one with me stating that if I had any other problems I could contact via there. I also contacted them via the in-game Support.. and it's been a few days. Soon a week with the email thingy.. and nothing.

I am willing to wait a few more days, but I'm really unsure of how this.. "system" works. What do you know about it? What do you think? What are your experiences about it? Please let me know.

1) Support email address is support at swtor dot com.

2) Technical Support is located here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-The-Old-Republic/bd-p/star-wars-the-old-republic-en

All players, including f2p and preferred, have access to both.

3) Long distance calls can be made via Skype for either free or a lot cheaper than normal long distance.. If you skim the forums, this is pointed out nearly every time one of us tells folks that they need to call them to deal with an issue.

Hope this helps

Edited by dr_mike

Having had a few problem over the last few months I have had to open a few tickets to try to get help now I understand that they are busy with other tickets as there must be a lot but waiting 8 days just to be told to ring a premium phone number to then be told to make an In game ticket is beyond a joke been playing since launch and have never felt more like just a dollar sign then watching them pass the buck and all the speak to get rid of you

• 2 weeks later...

I have over 100 days of subscription left, and my account is in preferred status for whatever reason.

I am not willing to deal with their stupid phone line. Cancelled my subscription....

The support of EA/Biow very poor to put it mildly.

You know in 5 years of playing this game i called tech for Account billing 5 different times. I was nice and polite all times i got all my issues taking care of within about 5 to 10 minutes. Not bad for Phone support.

In game Tech Support i had more problems more then i can recall but longest i waited to get issues solved was 25 or 6 hours 1 to 2 hours after their 24hr responds time. But still I was Nice and boom problem was solve. 2nd longest time i waited was half a day fastest was 40 minutes to an hour.

Now the take away from this is? Be Polite do not get snotty or be a Smart %$# to them. Treat them with respect and Dignity and they will do the same to you. Plus give them ample mount of time, realize your not the only person with a game or account issue. And you too can have Adequate service you can count on.

Now i had some issue with mods right here on this forum trying to censor somethings i said that should never had been censored and i got warned for things i said i shouldn't of ever gotten. But its all good now, Nothings perfect or no one.

Any how...

Take Care & Be Well.....

Edited by Sith-Viscera

• 2 weeks later...
You know in 5 years of playing this game i called tech for Account billing 5 different times. I was nice and polite all times i got all my issues taking care of within about 5 to 10 minutes. Not bad for Phone support.

Lucky you. I'm deaf and have been unable to get account support for this game. Phone support will not deal with 3 party relays or assisted calls.

I am glad though it worked for you.