I'm actually happy with the changes!

Nandakorewa

I feel like bioware did a good job with 5.0. This game lacked any real sort of grind or achievement. I feel they did a great job to bring that kind of grind to Swtor. Games like WoW have tons and tons of grind that are WAY more than this (artifact weapons). But you don't see their playerbase complaining. Let's face it guys, everyone in swtor got way too used to easy free loot. And for all the angry altaholics, They probably WILL end up making cxp legacy wide. Which will pretty much fix all your issues. Just like how they gave DvL achievements back.

They just need to do a little bit of balancing with how much cxp you get from various activities. for instance they should definitely look at increasing the operations cxp gain, this will hopefully entice some raiders back into game

Could you elaborate on how they added a grind to the game. I get that you have to level galactic command and you get crates with the chance to get good gear but how is that the grind that the game needed?

Also I see your point about endgame raiders but I don't think just adding better cxp gain will bring them back. I think adding new ops will peak their interests in coming back more so then cxp gain. That may not even be enough to bring them back though.

I feel like bioware did a good job with 5.0. This game lacked any real sort of grind or achievement. I feel they did a great job to bring that kind of grind to Swtor. Games like WoW have tons and tons of grind that are WAY more than this (artifact weapons). But you don't see their playerbase complaining. Let's face it guys, everyone in swtor got way too used to easy free loot. And for all the angry altaholics, They probably WILL end up making cxp legacy wide. Which will pretty much fix all your issues. Just like how they gave DvL achievements back.

They just need to do a little bit of balancing with how much cxp you get from various activities. for instance they should definitely look at increasing the operations cxp gain, this will hopefully entice some raiders back into game

Please explain how getting a 220/224 set piece helmet was "easy free loot".

I'm gonna focus on the past 2 expansions as a whole instead of the recent one.

Coming back to the game, I was happy with the changes they made that streamlined the game.

Things like changing companions affection level to influence level, where the companions' strength isn't based on their gear, but from influence. I miss gearing them up, but this streamline is easier to manage.

Things like level scaling on planets. There is no fear of out-leveling planets. You can do as much as you want and you will still gain xp properly. Although I am not an altoholic, I did level my 3rd Jedi Guardian (I always level a new one after coming back, because I love the story and it is sort of like a new identity), and I enjoyed this streamline.

Now, their focus on story. I loved it, my mind was blown at Fallen Empire. It made such a huge impression, kept me subbed, and now I sub for Eternal Throne.

But you can only play them so many times. We may need Master difficulty level, with new stuff like cosmetic gear for completing them. Story and Veteran aren't enough. Give story players a reason to grind more powerful gear.

Their focus in solo content. I loved Star Fortress and Eternal Championship. But I wish there was more to keep me subbed. I wish there was a content for companions. We have a plethora of them, but there is not much use for them. I wanted something like Mass Effect 3 War Readiness. I thought that's what we'd get in the final battle against Vaylin. I mean why else are we recruiting all of them?

Being able to craft your way to one step below the best op gear. Although now we use Command Crates, I liked the novelty of being able to craft high rated gear in the previous expansion, even if they were not set items.

Overall I am impressed with their change in direction to focus more on the solo player, with a few group content. But I wish there was more meaningful solo content. The devs should consider copying the Garrison Missions from WoW, but adapt it to SW:TOR.

Edited by ConradLionhart

I'm gonna focus on the past 2 expansions as a whole instead of the recent one.

Coming back to the game, I was happy with the changes they made that streamlined the game.

Things like changing companions affection level to influence level, where the companions' strength isn't based on their gear, but from influence. I miss gearing them up, but this streamline is easier to manage.

Things like level scaling on planets. There is no fear of out-leveling planets. You can do as much as you want and you will still gain xp properly. Although I am not an altoholic, I did level my 3rd Jedi Guardian (I always level a new one after coming back, because I love the story and it is sort of like a new identity), and I enjoyed this streamline.

Now, their focus on story. I loved it, my mind was blown at Fallen Empire. It made such a huge impression, kept me subbed, and now I sub for Eternal Throne.

But you can only play them so many times. We may need Master difficulty level, with new stuff like cosmetic gear for completing them. Story and Veteran aren't enough. Give story players a reason to grind more powerful gear.

Their focus in solo content. I loved Star Fortress and Eternal Championship. But I wish there was more to keep me subbed. I wish there was a content for companions. We have a plethora of them, but there is not much use for them. I wanted something like Mass Effect 3 War Readiness. I thought that's what we'd get in the final battle against Vaylin. I mean why else are we recruiting all of them?

Being able to craft your way to one step below the best op gear. Although now we use Command Crates, I liked the novelty of being able to craft high rated gear in the previous expansion, even if they were not set items.

Overall I am impressed with their change in direction to focus more on the solo player, with a few group content. But I wish there was more meaningful solo content. The devs should consider copying the Garrison Missions from WoW, but adapt it to SW:TOR.

This game should generate enough $ from the CM to please both solo and progression players.

I quit wow because I like to pvp only and they were forcing rng gear on me in that game along with grind artifact power to stay competitive. While the grind in this game is not that bad as wows is right now it's just that the rng aspect sucks and needs heavy tuning.